UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Final Phase of Davenport Village Secondary Plan Resubmitted
ALSO

Using The New Urban Toronto Forum

PinkLucy

Staff member
You don't have to stop "watching" the thread, you can still watch it but not receive email notifications.

Leo_Chan

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll ask this forum quoting question here.

Is there a way to insert a quote from a off site source (news article/document) and have a link to the site as well as a title?

For example, you can link a post like this with
upload_2018-7-30_14-18-43.png

^^ a personal favourite of mine.
but I would like to link as piece of text from a site with
upload_2018-7-30_14-17-20.png

General PRESTO questions
which doesn't link correctly or
upload_2018-7-30_14-17-33.png

site: https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/FAQ.jsp said:
General PRESTO questions
which doesn't link but can see site.

Of course, you could always just add a hyperlink to the a piece of text with the title of the site, but that doesn't really feel integrated.

Attachments

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll ask this forum quoting question here.

Is there a way to insert a quote from a off site source (news article/document) and have a link to the site as well as a title?

For example, you can link a post like this with View attachment 151827

but I would like to link as piece of text from a site with View attachment 151825

which doesn't link correctly or View attachment 151826

which doesn't link but can see site.

Of course, you could always just add a hyperlink to the a piece of text with the title of the site, but that doesn't really feel integrated.
Yes, add the text you want quoted, highlight it, and select insert quote (image showing how below). Then just link the source!
Capture.JPG

Attachments

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
How do I link the source, does it get added to the header of the quote, or just a regular hyperlink?
Just a regular hyperlink should be fine

I was trying to create a new post on the Rate this Design/Floorplan photo, but I see no option to do so. At the bottom of the forum, it indicates my profile has insufficient privileges to post. Can you let me know how I can gain the privileges to create a new post? I similarly have the same issue with this forum - I cannot create a new post, only reply to existing posts.

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
I was trying to create a new post on the Rate this Design/Floorplan photo, but I see no option to do so. At the bottom of the forum, it indicates my profile has insufficient privileges to post. Can you let me know how I can gain the privileges to create a new post? I similarly have the same issue with this forum - I cannot create a new post, only reply to existing posts.
You need 20 posts to start a new thread @LostAlbertan