News   Apr 25, 2024
 393     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

95 Wellington West recladding (Cadillac Fairview, 20s, WZMH Architects)

Happy to see this guy get a makeover. One of the uglier buildings downtown - The start white of the new cladding will stand out nicely next to TD Centre.

20200123_075222.jpg
20200123_075249.jpg

We can add WZMH to the thread title:

WZMH-Architects-95-Wellington-Renewal-Rendering-Closeup-Toronto.jpg

WZMH-Architects-95-Wellington-Renewal-Rendering-Toronto.jpg

The recladding of this existing tower respects the original architectural vision of the surrounding Toronto Dominion Centre. Considered part of the overall complex, 95 Wellington differs significantly from the other towers in proportion, massing, and façade detailing. Clad in Bethel White granite, it complements the black steel of the iconic Mies Van De Rohe towers. The polished white granite provides a fresh, crisp, and contemporary appearance that will transform the image of the building. An accent strip of polished Atlantic Black granite blends with the existing dark bronze glass windows to create a pleasing proportion on the building façade. Design work is currently underway to update the lobby and exterior plaza to be compatible with the new exterior design.

WZMH worked closely with the building envelope consultants and the construction manager to develop the recladding’s technical details in order to maximize the efficiency of construction.. The work also included re-roofing of both sloped and flat roofs, and a new window-washing system. The building will remain fully occupied during construction.

Apr 27, 2020

Is there a thread for the project in the foreground surrounded by hoarding?

View attachment 243336
I think not, it's the Toronto Club (107 Wellington West) and they have the most 'finished' fencing that I have ever seen around a site! Last year they did work on their foundations and starting last fall are obviously working on their brickwork etc.

I think not, it's the Toronto Club (107 Wellington West) and they have the most 'finished' fencing that I have ever seen around a site! Last year they did work on their foundations and starting last fall are obviously working on their brickwork etc.
Thanks
RM

It's the most exclusive club in Toronto, as I understand it. It has an entrance inside the adjacent office tower and you'll see stately old men wearing club jackets enter/exit occasionally. Here's a new pic from above, notice the club's nice rooftop patio, though I've never once seen it used!

IMG_0331.jpg

Between this and 401 Bay, is CF trying to win some kind of award for the slowest recladding? I remember scaffolding for this going up in early 2017, and it hardly looks to be halfway done even now.

Back