News   May 21, 2024
 63     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

TTC to retrofit stations with "classic" wall panels

Oxford Properties only likes to spend money on renovating Yorkdale (and some for their other properties) and not bother with providing money to the TTC.

To be honest, I wouldn't want them to restore Arc en Ciel given the appalling current state of the station - they should renovate the station first.

AoD

Why do they not call back the contractor and force him to do it right.

They will probably need to create a new panel to correct the error. Otherwise pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out - wonder if the material is durable and easy to clean...

AoD

The last time I looked at the station either in Nov or early Dec, it was still the same as I saw going back when the first test panels went in.

When did they do it as it was fast?

Other than a few mistakes, doesn't look bad.

They even clean the floor in a few places

Jan 12
11931647054_ed4e2ed019_b.jpg

Original Test Area
11931650524_e608e1a9f7_b.jpg

11931481363_c9d2d43d33_b.jpg

11931486313_59fe4d9180_b.jpg

They will probably need to create a new panel to correct the error. Otherwise pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out - wonder if the material is durable and easy to clean...

AoD

Or if they will bother to clean it? The test panels were filthy after a three months. My expectation is the same thing will happen again and they will never be cleaned.

Jonny:

Surprisingly, they do have a cleaning schedule for station walls - just not necessarily frequently. That might have changed since there was a bit of noise regarding the issue a few years ago and they might have instituted new processes.

AoD

Jonny:

Surprisingly, they do have a cleaning schedule for station walls - just not necessarily frequently. That might have changed since there was a bit of noise regarding the issue a few years ago and they might have instituted new processes.

AoD

IS it for all walls or just walls accessible from the platform?

The last time I looked at the station either in Nov or early Dec, it was still the same as I saw going back when the first test panels went in.

When did they do it as it was fast?

Other than a few mistakes, doesn't look bad.

They even clean the floor in a few places

I first noticed i completed on December 19 (took a couple of pics but never got around to posting them)....I remember being surprised it was done as it did not look that far advanced the previous time i used the station (fairly regular but infrequent St. Andrews user).

I first noticed i completed on December 19 (took a couple of pics but never got around to posting them)....I remember being surprised it was done as it did not look that far advanced the previous time i used the station (fairly regular but infrequent St. Andrews user).

That was the fastest makeover I have every seen and got to thank Andy for that.

Based on how long it took to do the Museum, taken back how fast it was and look forward to other stations that will get makeover like this now.

What it looked like on Oct 24 2012 and thought I took a shot in 2013.

Looking at the this photo now and the current one, they did replace the panels or add a section to it at the south end.
8450823835_a5749c5d49_b.jpg

Last edited:
So TTC doesn't put advertising on the far wall across the tracks from the platform?
That's a lot of lost revenue if they don't.
As far as I understand, the advertising revenue TTC gets from the entire system is only about $25 million. If you assume that they only get revenue from stations, and not from the 2,000 or so vehicles, and 800 or so subway cars, then the total revenue per station is about $350,000.

Surely adding a few more signs in an existing station is going to be a very small fraction of $350K!

Back