News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 835     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Streetcar Network

I wonder how much the streetcar routes are planned to be reorganized and changed once some of the waterfront lines are put in - Waterfront West, Waterfront East, Broadview, Villiers Island, etc. There could be an effort to re-designate these streetcar routes on the same level as, say, Finch West?

I wonder how much the streetcar routes are planned to be reorganized and changed once some of the waterfront lines are put in - Waterfront West, Waterfront East, Broadview, Villiers Island, etc. There could be an effort to re-designate these streetcar routes on the same level as, say, Finch West?
Let's get the damned things built before we start planning their operation.

Will you be around in 30-50 years to see it at the current rate things are getting built???

Will not see Waterfront until about 2031/32, Villiers Island 2040-50, Waterfront West around 2040-60 and there is no EA for Broadview that may happen about 2040.

Some very interesting tidbits in the Report, and i'm very surprised to hear of the immediate procurement of 13 additional streetcars. Its like Christmas came early...kind of.

Let's just hope they dont stop at 13, and actually procure the full 60 additional streetcars needed.

They should aim for 100+.

They should aim for 100+.
Where do you plan for them to be store since there is no space for 40+ of those cars after Hillcrest is done??

Who paying for the extra 40+ cars?

Where do you plan for them to be store since there is no space for 40+ of those cars after Hillcrest is done??

Now now Drum, lets not be all pessimistic. ;)

The TTC's solution to lack of storage while Roncy yard was under reconstruction was to run more service!

If they're in motion 24/7, they don't need to be stored!

The money......well..........that's an issue, for another day.

Bombardier Class B share price on June 26, 2009 (the day City Council approved the Flexity order) - $3.40
Bombardier Class B share price today - $0.33

If Bombardier hasn't felt the pain already, the TTC not ordering more streetcars is not going to get their attention.

The cars work, and TTC does not need an oddball second brand with a duplicate parts supply etc.

So I'd say, go ahead and order the additional 60 Flexities. The issues of principle have already been addressed.

- Paul

Now now Drum, lets not be all pessimistic. ;)

The TTC's solution to lack of storage while Roncy yard was under reconstruction was to run more service!

If they're in motion 24/7, they don't need to be stored!

The money......well..........that's an issue, for another day.

Maybe we should most of the storage areas an only have them in for service.

At the moment, Hillcrest has buses. Once the McNicoll Bus Garage is available by the end of 2020 (allegedly), they can reconfigure Hillcrest to become a barn & yard for streetcars.

Bombardier Class B share price on June 26, 2009 (the day City Council approved the Flexity order) - $3.40
Bombardier Class B share price today - $0.33

If Bombardier hasn't felt the pain already, the TTC not ordering more streetcars is not going to get their attention.

The cars work, and TTC does not need an oddball second brand with a duplicate parts supply etc.

So I'd say, go ahead and order the additional 60 Flexities. The issues of principle have already been addressed.

- Paul

Will there be a need for more than 60 units before they are all delivered?

Will there be a need for more than 60 units before they are all delivered?

From link.

The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is projected to be the fastest growing region of the province, with its population increasing by 2.6 million, or 36.7 per cent, from 7.0 million in 2019 to over 9.5 million by 2046. The GTA’s share of provincial population is projected to rise from 47.9 per cent in 2019 to 49.8 per cent in 2046.​

Subject to CONVID-19, of course.

See also link.

toronto_2030_intro_main_art.jpg

Remember that before the Spanish Flu, Toronto had a population of...

After the Spanish Flu...

Last edited:

Back