News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 384     0 

TTC: Streetcar Network

Frankly tho, the cantilevered shelters on St. Clair are way better than whats on Spadina.
The problem with any type of shelter is space there is only so much space on the island they can occupy or on a city sidewalk before they encroach on impeding people from being able to get around them normally or with strollers, wheelchairs, and other mobility devices.

Too bad the current city by-laws seem to frown on awnings or canopies overhanging the sidewalks from building.

85_5.jpg

From link.

bus-stop.jpg

From link.

This photo (from Star) of the fire on Bathurst at Richmond shows very well the really dangerous (for cyclists if not others) of the streetcar tracks on Bathurst. Only one example of many in the City. The TTC (and City) REALLY need to deal with basic maintenance issues!!!

This photo (from Star) of the fire on Bathurst at Richmond shows very well the really dangerous (for cyclists if not others) of the streetcar tracks on Bathurst. Only one example of many in the City. The TTC (and City) REALLY need to deal with basic maintenance issues!!!

View attachment 175582
I was actually walking across that intersection a couple of weeks ago and was shocked when I saw the state they were in. They were so bad that I was like 'huh, they must be running buses in this route at the moment' because the tracks really didn't look able to function but then I looked down bathurst and saw a streetcar coming up and it glided by without even a noise. But the point remains, they are in a truly awful state at Bathurst/Richmond

I was actually walking across that intersection a couple of weeks ago and was shocked when I saw the state they were in. They were so bad that I was like 'huh, they must be running buses in this route at the moment' because the tracks really didn't look able to function but then I looked down bathurst and saw a streetcar coming up and it glided by without even a noise. But the point remains, they are in a truly awful state at Bathurst/Richmond
A lot of it probably has to do with the winter we have had without the multiple freeze and thaws along with freazzing rain. What happens is the water makes its way into cracks and when it freezes again it cracks the concrete and the roads.

A lot of it probably has to do with the winter we have had without the multiple freeze and thaws along with freazzing rain. What happens is the water makes its way into cracks and when it freezes again it cracks the concrete and the roads.

Oh totally, I understand my freeze thaw action? It is just particularly bad there

Oh totally, I understand my freeze thaw action? It is just particularly bad there
Probably because they haven't replaced that section for awhile. I would guess that they are waiting on when the city does the work on the bridge to do a track and concrete replacement on Bathurst Street.

Probably because they haven't replaced that section for awhile. I would guess that they are waiting on when the city does the work on the bridge to do a track and concrete replacement on Bathurst Street.

Then there is the talk, a lot of "talk" very little action (part of the defer, defer, defer on infrastructure from city council), on a streetcar right-of-way on Bathurst south of Queen. Depends on what to do with the bridge south of Front Street.

Then there is the talk, a lot of "talk" very little action (part of the defer, defer, defer on infrastructure from city council), on a streetcar right-of-way on Bathurst south of Queen. Depends on what to do with the bridge south of Front Street.

Yes I understand the critisms of deferring however currently this is useless because 511 is buses

Yes I understand the critisms of deferring however currently this is useless because 511 is buses

Because of the shortage of the new streetcars. Which makes it a good time to build a streetcar right-of-way. As it seems, they may do start building a streetcar right-of-way AFTER they get all the new streetcars.

That's probably true BUT that's no excuse for what looks like a VERY dangerous piece of road for those on 2 wheels and not good for those on 4 either. It is not listed in TOInView either - and that goes to 2020.

Because of the shortage of the new streetcars. Which makes it a good time to build a streetcar right-of-way. As it seems, they may do start building a streetcar right-of-way AFTER they get all the new streetcars.
The current schedule (which will surely slip) to have enough streetcars to stop bus substitutions is 2026. I thought the new tracks was planned before then.

Reactions: rbt

Back