News   Apr 19, 2024
 450     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 592     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 994     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I am not suggesting force be used but the people I and Jason noted above do get asked to move along (and they do) only to return once the trespass notice expires. Something more than a slap on the wrist is warranted.

And what good is handing someone a ban going to do if they are going to ignore it?

Remember Zanta? He was banned from the TTC for a period of time, and yet still managed to make his way back to doing push-ups on the subway despite it. There are others who have had (or still have) bans placed on them who still get back on the system.

Dan

There's a homeless woman that reeks of urine in the TTC entrance to College Station from College Park. Everyone holds their noses every day, yet every day she's there. The stench is pretty full-on. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but she should be moved along, but never is, despite a station manager and station staff now outside of collector booths.
I know I'm quoting myself, but you can even smell her from the food vendors in the pedestrian passage between College Park and the subway. I'd have to think they would be calling the TTC to do something, but pretty much every time I go through, she's there. My point is that I think it's impossible the TTC isn't aware of the problem, they just don't really want to deal with it.

And what good is handing someone a ban going to do if they are going to ignore it?

Remember Zanta? He was banned from the TTC for a period of time, and yet still managed to make his way back to doing push-ups on the subway despite it. There are others who have had (or still have) bans placed on them who still get back on the system.

Dan

Yes but legally speaking you can't remove someone from the property unless they have been served a trespass notice.

It may not do much but it does make removal of them legal

Meanwhile...

Dozens of managers exit troubled SEPTA office in wake of FBI probe

From link.

Dozens of managers within SEPTA’s facility management unit have left the public transit agency in the wake of an FBI investigation into the division.

More than 30 managers inside SEPTA’s Engineering, Maintenance and Construction (EM&C) unit retired, were fired from the agency or took an indefinite leave in 2019, according to payroll records obtained by PlanPhilly. A significant number of the departures occurred after PlanPhilly broke news of the investigation in July.

The probe, initiated by SEPTA’s inspector general and later assisted by federal agents, appears to focus on managers’ misuse of agency credit cards and fraudulent invoicing.

The scheme allegedly involved a string of the transit agency’s facility managers who colluded with outside vendors to fabricate fraudulent supply and repair invoices. The invoices were paid, using SEPTA office credit cards, but the requested services or merchandise were never fulfilled. Two equipment suppliers have since been visited by the FBI, according to the Inquirer.

The alleged embezzlement scheme could have cost the $1.49 billion agency in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to sources.

At least 17 managers filed for retirement and another 16 were fired or left the agency for other reasons. Another manager has been on leave for “months” with no specified return date, according to SEPTA spokesperson Andrew Busch. Busch declined to say if any of the terminations were related to the inquiry.

He said the departmental attrition was roughly consistent with the 9,500-strong agency’s overall employee attrition rate. He said SEPTA saw about 8.4% of its total workforce depart between January and mid-December 2019. For comparison, about 10% of the roughly 300 management-level employees left the EM&C unit over the same span of time.

Sources inside the office, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said a few of the managers who left the agency were linked to the investigation. In the wake of the investigation becoming public, SEPTA restricted use of agency credit cards and tightened restrictions on how they are used, sources said.

Here's something..

I just departed Union Station and saw someone push their way through the presto gate with a supervisor watching.

Blatant fare evasion and the supervisors did nothing. 2 of them watching the guy evade paying a fare, looking right at him and they let him board the subway

LOL. I still didn't tap.

IMG_20200115_165116.jpg

I have seen people tap on the bus INSIDE Warden Station when getting on the bus. I find it amusing that they think they have to tap on every vehicle.

This is nothing more than a data gathering exercise that really just increase boarding times.
Technically you can be given a warning if you don't when boarding at subway stations as that is an incorrect way of using presto. Heck no one taps and I don't see that culture changing.

This is suppose to be a fare card. not a surveillance and data gathering card. If someone steals your card, they can go to the machine and look up your entire trip history.

Here's something..

I just departed Union Station and saw someone push their way through the presto gate with a supervisor watching.

Blatant fare evasion and the supervisors did nothing. 2 of them watching the guy evade paying a fare, looking right at him and they let him board the subway
The supervisors aren't bouncers. They aren't going to confront the evaders.

Back