News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Coming soon to a smartphone near you. TTCConnect app. See link.

FAQ from this link.

TTCconnect FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
What passes can I buy on the mobile app?
You can purchase a Single Day Pass or Group Pass though the TTC’s mobile E-Ticketing app, TTCconnect.

Group Passes are available for use on Saturday, Sunday, statutory holidays and other dates selected by the TTC. Passes are valid from the date shown on the pass until 5:30 a.m. the next day. Group passes are valid for:

• 1 adult and not more than 5 youths 13 to 19 years of age; or
  • 2 adults and not more than 4 youths 13 to 19 years of age; or
  • 2 adults.
Single Day Passes are available for use any day of the week, including statutory holidays. Passes are valid for one person from the date shown on the pass until 5:30 a.m. the next day.

My friends and I are planning to take the TTC together; can I purchase and activate both their passes and my pass on my phone?
Yes, you can purchase and activate up to 20 passes. Just purchase the passes and select them for activation. The app will activate all of your selected passes at the same time. Activated passes will expire at 5:30 a.m. the following day.

For example, if you purchase and activate two Single Day Passes at the same time, both passes will expire at 5:30 a.m. the next day if purchased before midnight, and 5:30 a.m. the same day if purchased after midnight. The Single Day Passes will no longer be shown in your queue after they expire.

I lost my phone and I had just purchased a pass, is there any way I can recover the pass?
By default, passes are stored on your device to ensure you can use your pass where there is no internet connection. Because of this feature, if your phone is lost you must purchase a new pass to travel.

Why am I being asked to create an account on the app?
You are required to create an account with a log in, email address, password and billing information to purchase passes. Your account allows you to access your passes and purchase history as well as securely store your information so you can easily purchase new passes in the future. Without an account, you will not be able to buy passes.

Once I activate the pass, how long until it expires?
Your pass expires at 5:30 a.m. the following day. If you activate your pass today, it will be available until 5:30 a.m. tomorrow. If you activate your pass after midnight, it will be available until 5:30 a.m. the same day. We recommend that you do not activate your pass until you wish to travel.

When should I activate my passes?
You should activate your pass(es) just before you plan to travel. To add a pass to the activation queue, select the plus sign next to the pass you would like to activate. Click the plus sign multiple times if you would like to activate multiple passes. Then click the ‘activate’ button at the bottom of the screen. Plan to have your pass displayed and ready for validation before boarding a vehicle or entering a station.

Can I see how much time is left on the active pass before it expires?
The bottom of the pass shows the date the pass was activated and all passes expire at 5:30 a.m. following the activation date. Thirty minutes after you activate the pass, the expiration date and time will appear in red underneath the pass listing in the Use Tickets screen.

How long can I hold onto purchased passes without activating?
Unused passes will expire one year after purchase.

What if the pass expires before I can use it?
You would be required to purchase another pass for your travel.

What if a TTC employee asks to see my pass?
Single Day Pass and Group Pass mobile E-Tickets must be shown to TTC employees when requested.

How do I get a refund?
To obtain a refund, please call TTC Customer Service between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. at 416-393-3030, seven days-a-week.

I left my phone at home but would like to use the TTC, what can I do?
You would need to purchase a valid fare to ride the TTC.

Is there a limit for purchases?
You can purchase up to 20 passes.

My phone died; can TTC staff help me with this?
No, you would need to purchase a valid fare. We cannot be responsible for phones not working, batteries dying or any phone/carrier related issues.

What should I do if I change or lose my device?
Your account information is stored on a secure server. Once you replace your device, simply download the TTCconnect app again and sign into your account. By default, all previously purchased passes are connected to your mobile device and you will need to repurchase them prior to travelling.

What if my app isn't functioning the way I expect it to?
First, make sure you have the latest version of the app. If it continues to behave in an unusual manner, please call TTC Customer Service between 7 a.m.to 10 p.m. at 416-393-3030, seven days-a-week.

If I am having a problem loading the application, whom should I call?
Please call TTC Customer Service at 416-393-3030. All problems should be directed to Customer Service, which is available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. except statutory holidays.

How quickly is the payment process?
Once the payment is authorized, the payment is processed immediately.

Where is my personal information and credit card information stored?
All personal and credit card information is stored on a securely encrypted PCI compliant environment 1.

How do I update or change my credit card information?
Credit card information can be deleted and re-entered but not changed at this time. To delete a credit card on an Apple device, simply swipe your finger on the credit card. To delete a card on an Android device, tap and hold until the app asks you if you want to delete the credit card.

Which phones can I download the mobile app to?
Currently the app supports iOS 7+ and Android OS 4.x+.

When will the app work on Blackberry smart phones?
TTCconnect is not currently available on Blackberry smart phones. We may revisit this in the future.

Any plans to have the app work on Windows devices?
TTCconnect is not currently available on Windows phones. We may revisit this in the future​

Well no. The user has to tap the screen to show that it's an active app. When the user taps the screen, the colour of the pass will change.

It's still trivial to fake, however.

Lots of new track getting replaced at the TTC Russell (Connaught) Carhouse

oavNAot.jpg

Soooo this woman is having trouble with train drivers honking at children near Davisville:

She doesn't seem to be getting very much sympathy.

I find this situation more humorous than anything :)

Last edited:
Soooo this woman is having trouble with train drivers honking at children near Davisville:

lol.. that's one of the things I like about the midtown area, that you can see the trains go by. I also like seeing the sun out the window as a rider.

I love this. I hope the trains continue to honk, and in fact I encourage 1 out of every 2 trains that pass by do the same in order to drive this woman out of the neighborhood. No one told her to live next to the busiest transit corridor in Canada.

Hate when they don't make a Windows version of apps.
Microsoft don't employ a (still)significant number of people just down the 401. Not that TTC or Green P give a damn - clearly the issue here was getting an app off the shelf rather than optimized for Toronto. (sideloading is not an option in many Blackberry setups including those in my org)

Ok, so she has no problem with the loud clickety clacking every single minute, but a few honks every so often is what drives her mad? Needless to say, nobody gives a shit.

Screen shot 2015-07-04 at 11.53.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-07-04 at 11.53.01 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-07-04 at 11.53.01 PM.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 534

Back