News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 452     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Looking her up - she's a "comedian" as well

edit: I like how she has disabled comments from being added to the Youtube page

Looking her up - she's a "comedian" as well

That's kinda funny, because I thought she sounded a bit like Janeane Garofalo when she was reading out the train numbers in a deadpan tone.

I don't want to support her outright, but I think she does have a point. Obviously it's not the regular loud train noises that are bothersome (e.g the clickety clacking of the rails - which seems louder than the horn), but the irregularity of the high-pitched horn blasts. Dull roars from a highway, trains, rails are predictable and regular. Tooting horns with interspersed toots only when kids are on a bridge...not so much. I personally don't mind loud noises, but I absolutely hate when these noises come on all of a sudden (e.g a neighbour's dog barking, or another neighbour's motion-activated garden pest alarm).

She absolutely has a point. People making fun of here (including me) are a**holes. I love it. :cool:

Perhaps it's a clever comedy bit she's working on. But back to the noise thing. I did a very quick glance at TO's noise bylaws, and I think there may be a bit of a loophole which basically allows the TTC to continue the practice. I see noise bylaws against the the use/misuse of car horns, as well as train whistles for GO CP CN. But I can't see anything about TTC subway corridors/horns.

Edit: I guess my underlying point is that I support outdoor and open-air sections of subways, ELs, and RER - and feel that any bit of evidence to add onto Toronto's newfound/growing aversion to non-tunneled subways will be used if it can. Tooting horns such as this may very well be the rallying cry of FordNation 2.0 sometime in our future.

Last edited:
how do you know they don't have anywhere to go?

Some clearly don't have anywhere to go and it is very easy to spot :rolleyes:

Aren't you the person illegally using the Pan Am HOV lanes? :rolleyes:

You are in no position to be commenting on anything

Back