News   Jul 15, 2024
 787     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 929     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

On my way home now. Both streetcars that passed getting turned back at Roncesvalles and no other streetcar for an hour.

I'm cabbing from now on. Next time y'all ask why I hate these garbage cars this is why.

Just buy a car and you can stop complaining about streetcars.

Here's a look at the newly wrapped TTC airport express bus.

17173435699_6a6c15115d_b.jpg

17171827368_88c47c925a_b.jpg

17152170477_f58cb0c9c6_b.jpg

I think that traffic jam at Humber Bay is even more rage-worthy.
Don't worry it will only get even worse with the thousands of residents who will move in within the next couple of years, and a Councillor who is disinterested in improving infrastructure and transit. The 501 is useless enough as it is with current service levels, add 10000-20000 more Humber Bay residents and the area will be a congested mess.

Filip, judging by your posts it appears that living at Humber Bay is more frustrating than it's worth. There is not a single transportation option at that's good enough for you (and perhaps rightfully so). Please do us a favour and move somewhere else, so that we don't have to listen to your rants even couple weeks.

Just buy a car and you can stop complaining about streetcars.

I think that traffic jam at Humber Bay is even more rage-worthy.

The point still stands, though. Humber Bay faces real transportation issues, and it seems that no one on council or the TTC is willing to do anything about it. It's sad.

So re: better transit for Humber Bay Shores. I don't feel like you'll ever get good, fast, reliable transit into downtown from Humber Bay Shores with the 501 streetcar. Yes, you can improve service, but it will always be slow and vulnerable to traffic. Same thing with a bus, it will always be slow, unreliable and stuck in traffic.

Yet the GO Lakeshore line is within a 15 min walk of most of the condos in the area, a GO line with all day two way 30 min service and will likely get more service in the future, and of course 15 min service with GO RER.

A station on Park Lawn would be 15 min walk from most of the condos according to google maps, and 20 min from some further east closer to the river. You could look at other options between Park Lawn and the Humber river but of course people would need a way to walk under the Gardiner from the south to reach the station.

Alternatively, good bus service to the Bloor line, or Mimico station would be a 10 min bus ride.

But yeah, if it were me personally living there right now, and if good transit to downtown were important to me, I'd consider moving. I doubt the above solutions would happen anytime soon. Adding a GO station is a long process. Personally assuming I'd want to live in Etobicoke I'd rather be near the Bloor subway.

Same with a neighbourhood like the Beaches, which I think is beautiful, I'd rather choose east Danforth to be near the subway. I don't want to be in a situation where I'd rely on taking the streetcar for long distances.

So re: better transit for Humber Bay Shores. I don't feel like you'll ever get good, fast, reliable transit into downtown from Humber Bay Shores with the 501 streetcar. Yes, you can improve service, but it will always be slow and vulnerable to traffic. Same thing with a bus, it will always be slow, unreliable and stuck in traffic.

Yet the GO Lakeshore line is within a 15 min walk of most of the condos in the area, a GO line with all day two way 30 min service and will likely get more service in the future, and of course 15 min service with GO RER.

A station on Park Lawn would be 15 min walk from most of the condos according to google maps, and 20 min from some further east closer to the river. You could look at other options between Park Lawn and the Humber river but of course people would need a way to walk under the Gardiner from the south to reach the station.

Alternatively, good bus service to the Bloor line, or Mimico station would be a 10 min bus ride.

But yeah, if it were me personally living there right now, and if good transit to downtown were important to me, I'd consider moving. I doubt the above solutions would happen anytime soon. Adding a GO station is a long process. Personally assuming I'd want to live in Etobicoke I'd rather be near the Bloor subway.

Same with a neighbourhood like the Beaches, which I think is beautiful, I'd rather choose east Danforth to be near the subway. I don't want to be in a situation where I'd rely on taking the streetcar for long distances.

Or you know... Build the WWLRT for a minuscule price.

Or you know... Build the WWLRT for a minuscule price.
But that almost makes way too much sense though. We all know that the TTC doesn't like to build things that have a strong business case or that would be very practical in the future.

The TTC and local Councillors will probably advocate for increased service on the 145 since "demand does not warrant increased service levels". Once that happens, premium fares will be increased to cover "increased operational costs" and "improved service reliability".

The point still stands, though. Humber Bay faces real transportation issues, and it seems that no one on council or the TTC is willing to do anything about it. It's sad.

Or, you know, we could discuss to make things better so that people who want to use transit don't pull out their hair when they do?

Agreed. Although I can’t speak for the service out to Humber Bay (seeing that I don’t use it), I can’t imagine it being all that great – particularly considering the area’s significant growth over the last few years. I’m sure anyone relying on transit into/out of there would be fed up to the point of a) buying a car, b) continuing to drive, or c) anything but transit. This is one of the key reasons I’m so against using finite capital on astronomically-priced all-underground heavy rail projects – particularly when 95% of the ridership for some projects is nonexistent and conjectural. What about our CURRENT areas, and the problems we’re facing in the present or near term? Blowing all our funds on "the future" and ideas that only exist on paper, while enormous and growing centres like Humber Bay rely on the same slow service...doesn’t seem right to me.

What the heck happened to the WWLRT? And why is the same fate befalling East Bayfront?

Or, you know, we could discuss to make things better so that people who want to use transit don't pull out their hair when they do?

"Discuss" is something the city does all the time, without actually implementing said discussions.

Calling for streetcars to be replaced with buses because he hates streetcars isn't my idea of discussing how to improve services.
God forbid what this thread would be like if we all complained about our personal issues with the TTC. *ahem* Bathurst bus *ahem*

Last edited:
Calling for streetcars to be replaced with buses because he hates streetcars isn't my idea of discussing how to improve services.
God forbid what this thread would be like if we all complained about our personal issues with the TTC. *ahem* Bathurst bus *ahem*

But your idea of discussing how to improve services it to tell people to buy a car?

If we can't fix the TTC's reliability issues, people WILL continue to buy cars and traffic WILL continue to get worse and the city WILL become less livable.

For the people mentioning the WWLRT, please recall that we STILL don't know how that line would get downtown. The project was "delayed" before they figured it out.

Back