News   Jul 15, 2024
 796     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 932     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 644     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Is there any reason the 501 ROW on Queensway is so slow? Speed restricted zone? 20km/h? This was recently rebuilt track.

Not to mention my first streetcar ride in 4 months is getting short turned at Roncesvalles after I got on a Neville Park run. God I hate these clunkers.

Now the short turn changed to Church. Who runs this clown car?
Wait, you are complaining that your care that was going to be short-turned at Roncs instead got extended all the way to Church? Isn't that a good thing? How long did you have to wait for another streetcar behind you at Church?

Is there any reason the 501 ROW on Queensway is so slow? Speed restricted zone? 20km/h? This was recently rebuilt track.

Not to mention my first streetcar ride in 4 months is getting short turned at Roncesvalles after I got on a Neville Park run. God I hate these clunkers.
Im curious to know about this as well. Last I heard it was because of a track defect around Windemere, but they already closed off that portion 2 weeks ago to repair the issue. So either there's something else going on, or they havent completed those repairs.

On my way home now. Both streetcars that passed getting turned back at Roncesvalles and no other streetcar for an hour.

I'm cabbing from now on. Next time y'all ask why I hate these garbage cars this is why.

On my way home now. Both streetcars that passed getting turned back at Roncesvalles and no other streetcar for an hour.

I'm cabbing from now on. Next time y'all ask why I hate these garbage cars this is why.

It has nothing to do with the cars themselves, so I'm not sure why you hate them so much. They could potentially provide good service. However, the service on Lakeshore West is run terribly.

As a resident of Long Branch, it's sad, because we have this nice old built-form all along Lakeshore West, and the streetcar service could really help to capitalize on that and to revitalize it.

Last edited:
It doesn't help when the majority of the board members on the TTC don't even use the TTC on a regular basis. They look at reports, not experience using the TTC. They should be going on a ride on the 501 out to Long Branch each week (at minimum) until the service improves.

What about the one you claimed was turning at Church, the other side of downtown?

I can't see how poor scheduling has anything to do with the cars.

Ya. I wrote I'm coming home hence commuting in the opposite direction.

I've never had a bus short turn but the 501 is all about short turning. It used to be rare to have the eastbound runs short turn but here we are. Roncesvalles is my new Humber.

You have two night runs back to back short turning at Roncesvalles and the next streetcar was in 86 minutes. You had an entire crowd at Roncesvalles shocked that two back to back streetcars dumped all their passengers at Roncesvalles with no service coming to take them home.

That's why I hate streetcars. Poor route management doesn't seem to affect the buses I use.

Ya. I wrote I'm coming home hence commuting in the opposite direction.

I've never had a bus short turn but the 501 is all about short turning. It used to be rare to have the eastbound runs short turn but here we are. Roncesvalles is my new Humber.

You have two night runs back to back short turning at Roncesvalles and the next streetcar was in 86 minutes. You had an entire crowd at Roncesvalles shocked that two back to back streetcars dumped all their passengers at Roncesvalles with no service coming to take them home.

That's why I hate streetcars. Poor route management doesn't seem to affect the buses I use.

You admit yourself that the problem is the short turn. That isn't a problem caused by the technology itself (buses short turn, as well, which any 29 rider would know, or see link) but route management.

I call it out the way I see it. If the problem is that Queen doesn't have enough streetcars so we get the short end of the stick (and we are to have less streetcars with the new ones) then what the hell is service going to look like on Lakeshore?

It's clearly a problem with the technology. Too damn expensive.

I would convert the Lakeshore streetcar to buses from Humber Loop. Better service for all involved.

I call it out the way I see it. If the problem is that Queen doesn't have enough streetcars so we get the short end of the stick (and we are to have less streetcars with the new ones) then what the hell is service going to look like on Lakeshore?

It's clearly a problem with the technology. Too damn expensive.

I would convert the Lakeshore streetcar to buses from Humber Loop. Better service for all involved.
Since you have stated you are giving up on the TTC and relying on cabs then I fear you will be spending lots of $$ sitting behind a row of buses.

I've experienced buses that short turn. Whenever there is a shortage of any vehicle, they have to short-turn to fill in the gaps. However, having two vehicles short-turn at the same time is just not good route management. That is why I'm giving the current administration a year to fix route management. Been told that getting enough vehicles and operators takes time, and that come September, 2015, we can see an improve system wide. We'll see.

Filip, judging by your posts it appears that living at Humber Bay is more frustrating than it's worth. There is not a single transportation option at that's good enough for you (and perhaps rightfully so). Please do us a favour and move somewhere else, so that we don't have to listen to your rants even couple weeks.

Back