News   Jul 16, 2024
 335     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 443     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Does anyone know when the Orion V's will be retired? I've been seeing them on route #88 a lot lately which was surprising as I thought they were mainly stationed at the Wilson garage.

I should apply to the TTC. I'd love to get paid to nap.

Were you allowed to bring a mattress to work? ;)

See link, if you qualify. Make sure your Driver's Abstract is in order first, see link.

The following table outlines our requirements for application:

Number of Offences Demerit Points Acceptable or Unacceptable
0 or 10 to 3Acceptable to submit application
20 to 2Acceptable to submit application
2 or more3 or moreUnacceptable - must wait to apply when abstract is acceptable
3 or more0Unacceptable - must wait to apply when abstract is acceptable

Note:
There should be no criminal convictions or suspensions of any kind on your driver’s abstract.

A driver begins with zero demerit points and accumulates demerit points for convictions.

Please do not submit a driver’s abstract with your online application. However, if you are uncertain if you meet the standards outlined above, the process for obtaining driver’s abstract information is available on the Ministry of Transportation website . If you are selected to attend an information session you will be required to produce an original of your three year Driver’s Abstract.

Getting caught not stopping at a red light or stop sign, mean 3 demerit points and you do would not qualify.

I should apply to the TTC. I'd love to get paid to nap.

Were you allowed to bring a mattress to work? ;)
How about this: https://sumolounge.ca/

content_background_v2.jpg

Who does not like large beanbag chairs/extremely oversized body pillows?

In terms of trying to reduce dwell time at stations like Bloor-Yonge, is having wider doors in the next generation of subway trains a viable way to help reduce dwell times?

Uhh....I don't know how much wider they can get
The tr doors are virtually the same as the t1 and those are already wider than most

You can repurpose the soon to be obsolete second guards as men with white gloves to cram people in

Last edited:
At some point, there's no space for windows between the doors. Seems like the TRs are getting pretty close to that point.

There are other designs that overcome this issue, such as external doors or having the windows overlap with the door "pockets".

I'm not sure that wider doors are necessary, I'm just saying that there are solutions to your issue.

Imagine how much the TTC would make if it was the owner of Yorkdale Mall.

We've been through economic cycles where the owners of those properties have taken a big loss on operations. Didn't a previous owner of First Canadian Place go bankrupt in the 90's (was it Olympia and York?) because a huge swath of the building sat empty? Do you really want the TTC exposed to that kind of risk? What if there is an early 90's type economic downturn happened again; are you OK with the TTC coming to the city and asking for a $300 million loan to keep operating? Especially if they could turn around and say "we have no money, just cut service by that much."

Last edited:

Back