News   Jul 26, 2024
 727     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Are you really that daft?
I'm merely repeating the same sarcastic question someone else asked me a few pages back.
Another school of thought is to be pickier with what is and isn't saved, and focus on what is deemed "important" and put as many resources as possible into it.
And it sure seems like the Hawkers are consistently the only subway equipment to not be picked.
Except that you are contending that the historical community doesn't want to save the Hawkers. That's simply not true, and never has been.

You seem to be conflating the inability to do something with a hatred of it. It's a false equivalency.
Well, I can't count the number of times over the years whenever anyone brought up the idea of saving them, it would be met with dismissive comments that they're not worthy of it, or how the existing 2 saved cars are "good enough".
Gee, I wonder if that may have something to do with the fact that the Hawkers are the only generation of subway cars to have been retired since 1999????????
I literally said this exact point before, and how it's too much to be a coincidence that the Hawkers were the only cars to retire during the time period when no one cared, and everyone suddenly started to care right after they were gone and the next generation of subway cars were coming up for replacement.
Seriously, at what point in those years did you expect the opportunity to say no to Gloucesters or T1s?
I still expect that opportunity to come up within the coming years. If there were no opportunity to save the Gs & Ms, and those weren't saved, and then in the 2010s the opportunity to save a subway car suddenly appeared, I bet dollars to donuts no one would do it anyway, because some people would be spectacularly offended by the idea of saving a Hawker without saving a G & M.

Last edited:
And it sure seems like the Hawkers are consistently the only subway equipment to not be picked.
Gee, I wonder if that may have something to do with the fact that the Hawkers are the only generation of subway cars to have been retired since 1999???????? Seriously, at what point in those years did you expect the opportunity to say no to Gloucesters or T1s?

Back