News   May 06, 2024
 250     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 774     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.3K     1 

TTC: New Fare Gate Installation

Yes, certainly less enforcement weekends and nights. And perhaps on the very short routes like 509, 510, and 511.

The hoarding has come down at Bloor station and it appears that it will be fully functioning sometime this week.

By the way, regarding the gate manufacturer's name, Scheidt is sh!t in German. (Only half kidding.)
That is not half kidding. It's kidding. Scheiss is shit in German.

It is not always fair to peg a manufacturer when equipment performs badly. Our office IT guy says the problem is usually between the keyboard and the chair. IE. It's the human factor. Perfectly good equipment can be made to perform miserably if the training or implementation is bad. In this case, the equipment is probably fine. There need to be adjustments to the implementation.

That is not half kidding. It's kidding. Scheiss is shit in German.

It is not always fair to peg a manufacturer when equipment performs badly. Our office IT guy says the problem is usually between the keyboard and the chair. IE. It's the human factor. Perfectly good equipment can be made to perform miserably if the training or implementation is bad. In this case, the equipment is probably fine. There need to be adjustments to the implementation.

Ahh but the equipment is sometimes delightful to work with. I once contemplated taking a newly bought reciprocating saw and sawing the paddles off a door because it knocked a piping hot coffee into me.

I'll pass. Pretty sure "Snake Oil Company" (Bombardier) is the real culprit here. Am I right? :)

;)
I blame Snake Oil Company for many things but they are always related to their piss-poor performance on the Flexities contract.

The Northbound entrance of Dundas station is finally undergoing installation of the new Presto paddle gates - they're about half-way through, with the middle portion behind hoarding.

Last edited:
The College station installation seems to be stalled. Has anything moved in the past couple of months?

The College station installation seems to be stalled. Has anything moved in the past couple of months?

Funny you should mention that, because I JUST took this pic. Was excited to finally see gates here after such a long time of hoarding being up with seemingly nothing going on behind it.

IMG_3229.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should mention that, because I JUST took this pic. Was excited to finally see gates here after such a long time of hoarding being up with seemingly nothing going on behind it.
Outdoor fare gates? :eek:

Now one has to wonder, can these gates be installed outside, or must they be in a weather controlled environment.

i really dont understand how they thought it was ok just to leave the gates outdoors and just call it a day when they are literally just steps away from the installation...... laziness

I assume, since there's no elevator, they were just unloading them there before carrying them downstairs and those are the last two...of all the TTC's faults, I don't think THAT's the one to get upset about. lol

Back