News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Then there is also the ridiculous seating layout compared to the CLRVs, like no one outside of rush hour wants to sit next to 3 strangers

I really think you can only blame physics because of that. The train bogie and wheels has to go under those seats so they really had no choice but to go with the quad seating. The quad seat feature is pretty standard in other 100% low floor LRV's so I doubt there's much anyone can do about it. Anyways this seems more of a "first world" problem if anything.

4544 is at Exhibition Loop on test. A bit concerning that 4543 has not been seen by the trackers (at least by Transsee) for almost six days.

Did I miss the discussion on how Ford’s cut to the gas tax has all but eliminated the city’s budget for purchasing new streetcars? We’re not going to get those extra 60.

4544 is at Exhibition Loop on test. A bit concerning that 4543 has not been seen by the trackers (at least by Transsee) for almost six days.
4543 GPS has it in Lake Ontario for days and nothing new for it or other cars. Still in the service bay.

At the rate Thunder Bay is going for pushing cars out the door, expect they will be doing so until the last car is done since Kingston can't get their act together or don't give a shit.

Down to 51 cars to go.

Did I miss the discussion on how Ford’s cut to the gas tax has all but eliminated the city’s budget for purchasing new streetcars? We’re not going to get those extra 60.
I think the City is hoping that by kicking that can down the road 4-8 years, changes of government will change that math, rather than bring it up now (especially since if they got them now/soon, there is nowhere to store them)

Thunder Bay is going for pushing cars out the door, expect they will be doing so until the last car is done since Kingston can't get their act together or don't give a shit.
Given the Kingston cars have been taking longer to commission with the service bays clogged up too, I'm in no rush to see more of them. Let them keep pushing Crosstown and Edmonton cars out.

The city's announcement that they were moved from 2020 to 2025 delivery in the budget, and remained unfunded long-preceded the announcement from the Tories that they were cutting the portion of the province's gas tax that was allocated to municipalities.

The city's announcement that they were moved from 2020 to 2025 delivery in the budget, and remained unfunded long-preceded the announcement from the Tories that they were cutting the portion of the province's gas tax that was allocated to municipalities.

Won’t the +60 option expire by then? I thought we had to order them before the delivery of the original order was complete.

Back