News   Apr 24, 2024
 691     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 895     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 560     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Does it really take them a full month to install a rail on a ceiling. Only in Toronto.

You should be bidding on these things.

Also, watch for asbestos as we put that stuff everywhere in the 70's.

Last edited:
On which planet, earthling?
He does actually bring a valid point. Im not sure how they scheduled this but in 1 month they can form at least 3 floors for a condo. Apart from the asbestos (is there any???), there really shouldnt be that much complex work
that needs to be done. The rigid rail vs wire shouldnt require structural reinforcement to the slab and regardless, shouldve been planned out long before construction started. It looks like they used similar or existing locations for
installing the rail. Realistically this could probably be done in half the time.

4503 in Long Branch testing.

4504 has done its first run and returning to the Barns.

Nothing on 4505 yet.

Have to do testing on the St Clair W loop to make sure it works like it supposed to before bring cars back to the loop. Straight section is one thing, curves are another thing.

You should be bidding on these things.

Also, watch for asbestos as we put that stuff everywhere in the 70's.
They also spent the whole summer with busitution after 10pm so they can upgrade the overheads. I'm pretty sure most 512 riders are fed up on how slowly this project is progressing and being told to walk 5 minutes to transfer from streetcar to the subway.

4505 has been on Queen St testing for the last 6 hours on its first day of testing.

4503 will enter service on tomorrow, as its now in the yard.

4504 in the service bay and will enter service early next week.

No cars this delivery this week and still 19 more cars due this year. Down to 2.3 cars a week to meet schedule at this time.

[Quote
DSC, Wednesday at 8:00 AM
Drum had some better close-up pics at https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ars-testing-delivery-bombardier.3263/page-872/Quote]
All those photos are now on line. Being trying for the last few weeks to get backup there, but something always keep coming up to stop me. It like the photo days I need to catch up with the rest of my photo trip and already behind on this month shooting schedule. https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/45373445741/in/dateposted-family/

4504 is still having issues to the point 4505 could see service before it

The parole board said its number is 4510

Last edited:
4505 will be enter service Friday as its on track 6 in the yard at the front of it.

4504 is still in the service bay and still time to go into service on Friday as well.

I guess we will see 4506 on Monday or later in the week. Now where is the Jail Bird??

Back