News   Jul 08, 2024
 390     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 633     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

How many Flexities have we received now? Is Bombardier still on track with their revised (revision #X) timeline?
Come Monday, TTC will have received 102 cars that is 50% of the order. At this time, BBD is shipping the cars as plan for this year on schedule, but the number in service is an issue, as it can take 10-45 days to get the car into service for various reasons. As long as delivery schedule is being met, that is fine for me. If the car can be put into service within 15 days, I can live with it, since cars in service need to be service first before a new one is to be. Anything beyond 15 days, is saying the cars not being built correctly in Thunder Bay that goes back 4 years and counting

We will know come Dec 28 if BBD has met this year targets. Depending on numbers that day will tell use if all the fleet will be here by Nov 2019.

Until BBD reweld the 67 cars, TTC is going to tight for cars next year for service, if they keep retiring the existing ones faster than should be.

Should note 4501 testing is almost on a 24 hour cycle since Sat and ready to leave the yard again for the 3rd time for today. If no issues surface in the next 24-48 hours, could be in service by Friday.

4500 is in the service bay after a few days of testing since Friday and almost ready to enter service in the next few days.

Last edited:
Come Monday, TTC will have received 102 cars that is 50% of the order. At this time, BBD is shipping the cars as plan for this year on schedule, but the number in service is an issue, as it can take 10-45 days to get the car into service for various reasons. As long as delivery schedule is being met, that is fine for me. If the car can be put into service within 15 days, I can live with it, since cars in service need to be service first before a new one is to be. Anything beyond 15 days, is saying the cars not being built correctly in Thunder Bay that goes back 4 years and counting

We will know come Dec 28 if BBD has met this year targets. Depending on numbers that day will tell use if all the fleet will be here by Nov 2019.

Until BBD reweld the 67 cars, TTC is going to tight for cars next year for service, if they keep retiring the existing ones faster than should be.

Should note 4501 testing is almost on a 24 hour cycle since Sat and ready to leave the yard again for the 3rd time for today. If no issues surface in the next 24-48 hours, could be in service by Friday.

4500 is in the service bay after a few days of testing since Friday and almost ready to enter service in the next few days.

Note that 4471 got sent back to Bombardier a few weeks after derailing on Queen's Quay

Just because they are part of parades that doesn't make them popular nor important. Can you provide any evidence that these relics are popular in any way at all?

Surely, coming into a group full of transit fans, in a city that has committed to preserving these old cars, and is making plans for a transit museum that will be connected to the streetcar network, and making comments like this is trolling!

I never give you any credit for posting anything pertinent, accurate or logical, so I'm not terribly surprised at your message, however I must comment that just because someone posts on a transit board isn't logically consistent with the notion that said posters MUST be fans of decrepit ugly old rolling stock.

In with the new and out (permanently) with the old. Like Flexities.

You should also look up the definition of trolling before engaging in it and then accusing someone else of doing that.

It's not trolling to simply disagree with others in a thread: a member may genuinely believe they are right about something, even if it's clearly evident to others that there are lots of people who think otherwise. In this case @pstogios is projecting his own lack of interest in heritage transit vehicles on the greater population, for whatever reason not recognizing the interest that others have. If he were to go on and and on about it in the future, that would make him a troll. His "no credit" response, however, is insulting, and that breaches UT's Code of Conduct, so he's going on a short holiday.

The cars going back for rewelding won't have any bearing on what does or doesn't make it for service. As part of the service plan - which hasn't changed other than the number of vehicles entering service and when - there has always been planned to be fewer vehicles available for service until about 2023 due to "warranty upgrades".

Note that 4471 got sent back to Bombardier a few weeks after derailing on Queen's Quay

4471 is still sitting in Leslie Barns, and has been since the flooding incident on August 7th. It is unknown when it and 4478 will be shipped out for their repairs.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Has BBD/TTC agreed on the repairs to the waterlogged Flexities? Will the same production crew handle the repairs as the new builds? (which will rightfully lead to some delays in new cars which only Mother Nature is to blame...not the TTC nor BBD)

Sept 28
St Clair West Loop

NOTE UPDATE: Been informed that this is what Calgary use that is energize with not wire. Also, it was 4486 that was damage.
30053472017_88df69d08f_b.jpg

30053467997_468d97179b_b.jpg

43177540730_c7699af461_b.jpg

30053475597_799131875c_b.jpg

43177543700_c0e7e5c139_b.jpg

30053478157_eb37e941bf_b.jpg

512 is running panto this morning, but looks like those upgrades at St Clair West will take the rest of the month.

upload_2018-10-1_10-12-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-1_10-12-47.png
    upload_2018-10-1_10-12-47.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 548
Has BBD/TTC agreed on the repairs to the waterlogged Flexities? Will the same production crew handle the repairs as the new builds? (which will rightfully lead to some delays in new cars which only Mother Nature is to blame...not the TTC nor BBD)

If you go back in this thread, there was a press report that they would be repaired by BBD, but not in Thunder Bay - supposedly a BBD facility north of Corning NY was going to do the work.

- Paul

There are tracks that go straight through which are usually unused but sometimes you see disabled streetcars parked three. So they to through the tunnel but not around the loop.

got it - makes sense - also found this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 12.34.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 12.34.37 PM.png
    565.5 KB · Views: 216
There are tracks that go straight through which are usually unused but sometimes you see disabled streetcars parked three. So they to through the tunnel but not around the loop.
When I was there on Friday, there was a Flexity doing a layover going east there and not the first time I have seen a car there.

We used that straight section years ago when the whole loop was being rebuilt and it had a stop there.

When I was there on Friday, there was a Flexity doing a layover going east there and not the first time I have seen a car there.

We used that straight section years ago when the whole loop was being rebuilt and it had a stop there.

Gotta wonder why they built the station requiring streetcars to loop at all, but I digress...

Here's a shot of a streetcar 'chillin' on the straight segment (from reddit). Passenger area for buses and streetcars are to the right of and behind the photographer's perspective.

hhCOCSEcLCuyxxS27sz6aYbfHlBOC8SV0ekhqtTtow0.jpg

4500 has left the yard and is sign in service as a 501. Not sure if it has enter service or doing a test run again Heading west on Queen

Gotta wonder why they built the station requiring streetcars to loop at all, but I digress...

Here's a shot of a streetcar 'chillin' on the straight segment (from reddit). Passenger area for buses and streetcars are to the right of and behind the photographer's perspective.

If there was no loop, where would the buses load/off load other than the street?? Then, where would the platforms be to get riders to/from the surface other than where they are, as well the subway?? Need a hole in the south wall to get to/from the surface and subway, with the wall being 10' further south than it is and would be under the centre of each lane.

Never though of getting a shot of the car doing the layover.

hhCOCSEcLCuyxxS27sz6aYbfHlBOC8SV0ekhqtTtow0.jpg

St. Clair Avenue West, east of Bathurst Street to west of Spadina Road, crossed the Nordheimer Ravine, where the Castle Frank Brook flowed. See link and link.

f1231_it1497.jpg

The city filled in the crossing for the St. Clair Civic Railway line. See link. Being fill, it was "easy" to dig down for an underground loop.

Back