News   Apr 23, 2024
 153     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 986     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Hey, it’s the war on the streetcar!

Seriously, given the service disruption these morons cause, there have to be meaningful sanctions, like confiscation of the vehicle, a massive number of demerit points, additional fines, and license suspension. I suppose these are provincial matters but at least the City should attempt to have a discussion with Queen’s Park about it. Though I guess nothing happens before the election. Or after, assuming the PC’s win.

we don't see it happen on St Clair which has portals. The removal of the plates and wipedown of prints give the impression of something unusual - perhaps a prank?
Frankly, the TTC and the City made the entrance to the QQE portal VERY obviously somewhere cars MUST NOT GO. The road surface outside has huge, painted, bumps, you must drive past several signs and when you are driving only on streetcar tracks ..... As the streetcar runs there quite often one wonders how any driver would have had time to remove the plates and wipe-down the car before fleeing!

Streetcar service still suspended at this time.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 12.44.39 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 12.44.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 12.44.39 PM.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 314
we don't see it happen on St Clair which has portals. The removal of the plates and wipedown of prints give the impression of something unusual - perhaps a prank?
Let's call it what it is. Perverting the course of justice. Criminal activity. There is nothing casual in this. A coward or a fool did something stupid and doesn't want to get caught. If you screw up, admit it.

Streetcars don't run "quite often" in the middle of the night, at 4:30 am.
Looking at the schedule, a 310 streetcar to Spadina passes at 4:04, 4:34 and 5:04. Meanwhile a 310 car to Union passes at 4:21, 4:51, and 5:21. About once every 15 minutes - that's quite often.

If they followed the 310 into the tunnel a minute later at 4:22, they would have had 12 minutes to clean-up and get out of there. I'd think that be a challenge very drunk, with just even finding the screwdrivers ...

Surely there's cameras though. That would be some prime video of them removing the plates and skedaddling!

Looking at the schedule, a 310 streetcar to Spadina passes at 4:04, 4:34 and 5:04. Meanwhile a 310 car to Union passes at 4:21, 4:51, and 5:21. About once every 15 minutes - that's quite often.

If they followed the 310 into the tunnel a minute later at 4:22, they would have had 12 minutes to clean-up and get out of there. I'd think that be a challenge very drunk, with just even finding the screwdrivers ...

Surely there's cameras though. That would be some prime video of them removing the plates and skedaddling!
They might have removed the plates before entering the tunnel....and used the 12 minutes to dust for prints

Are there even security cameras at the portal? Can’t the TTC staff someone to watch the camera 24/7 and have some control over a stopping mechanism or loud speakers? Or, this can be a great use of machine learning (assuming there’s no sensors to detect streetcars only).

They might have removed the plates before entering the tunnel....and used the 12 minutes to dust for prints

If this was really planned, then the perpetrator could have wiped the prints prior to entering the tunnel. Afterwards, simply put some gloves on to keep the car clean.

Are there even security cameras at the portal? Can’t the TTC staff someone to watch the camera 24/7 and have some control over a stopping mechanism or loud speakers? Or, this can be a great use of machine learning (assuming there’s no sensors to detect streetcars only).
I hope there's a security camera in Queens Quay station. I thought they were in all TTC stations.

Back