News   May 03, 2024
 219     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 349     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 782     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Harp, harp, harp. Nothing better to do. If we have three years like this, we’ll be fine. It’s big progress YoY.

How on earth do we convince the city to buy another 200 units to utilize all the track?

and bear in mind the limitations of Hillcrest Spur

I've wondered if they couldn't just use another transport flatcar as the spacer to handle a multiple offload. In Waterloo for the Ion LRVs they use square bars to connect the rails of the transport flat to their ramp, you could exploit the slack in the flatcar couplers to insert similar bars linking multiple flatcars into a continuous track...

Last edited:
As of this morning there is a car in Agincourt awaiting delivery, and the next ine awaiting pickup in Thunder Bay.

- Paul

4456 enter service on 512 today

4459 must arrived before Christmas since it tractable and out for testing on 512 last night.

4458 is not tractable yet

I wonder how Bombardier are going to manage January (considering the rarity of deliveries in other years). With two lines, are they completely cleared out or can they maintain one while doing annual maintenance or whatever on the other.

Ah that's right, on December 11. And then on December 21 they changed it to "produce 63 by December 31 ... 63 will be shipped by year end".

Not sure why you keep going on about old targets. The current target seems reasonable enough. I'm amazed they've done so well in the last 3 months or so.

What is the value of targets if they can just change them 3 times in 60 days ( Oct 21, Dec 11, Dec 21 all saw revisions) and only be held to or criticized on the the last one? Are they even meeting that last one?

Why not just set each year’s target on 31st of December of that year based on how many were delivered already? :) ;)

It is great how much the speed has picked up in the last few weeks but a) it does not equal the projections/promises made and b) since we saw a pick up at the end of 2016 too.....we have to wonder how sustainable this is.

Joe Mihevc
My math says that #4500 should be arriving in the Spring of 2018. But #Bombardier is somewhere between 3 and 5 short on the already revised schedule for 2017. They are at about 60 vehicles delivered to date.

Joe Mihevc
My math says that #4500 should be arriving in the Spring of 2018. But #Bombardier is somewhere between 3 and 5 short on the already revised schedule for 2017. They are at about 60 vehicles delivered to date.

Have they figured out what they are going to do with the PCCs when they reach 4500 and 4549 or if they get more cars?

On the cars themselves they are labelled 4500 and 4549 BUT they are listed internally as 4605 and 4604. That would leave 4 cars with the same number (4500 and 4549) or if they get more cars they would have to jump past 4604 and 4605.

Probably not a big deal but at least they are not labeling them something funky like 666.

Back