News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.8K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 600     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Great videos, thanks for posting them! I take the 504 on a fairly regular basis but I've never been lucky enough to catch a Flexity, not yet anyway. It's good to see them at Broadview!
Only a few show up on weekends right now.

512 will be the next line to be converted to the new cars after 514 is done.

514 is supposed to be all new cars come with May changes.

With 511 getting streetcars in May, some new cars will show up on that line then.

Should note, New Streetcar: Mean Distance Between Failures (MDBF) is now at 16, 431.

Last edited:
16k MDBF is quite a leap. Hope we don't hear in a few months that some failures were reclassified as "non contractual issues"

16k MDBF is quite a leap. Hope we don't hear in a few months that some failures were reclassified as "non contractual issues"

Yeah, we don't need anyone fudging the data. However, assuming this stat is likely to have come from the TTC, and not from Bombardier, I am hopeful that it will hold up. If it's a sign that the worst of the inevitable teething troubles have been identified, and solved, it's a good trend for the new fleet.

- Paul

Got 4 flexity runs today on 504. 4422-4424, 4429 are on it currently. This is the most amount of scheduled flexity runs to date according to my observations.

With the latests news out of Australia, the merger with Siemens can't happen fast enough since BBD is running out of cash for their projects that could effect TTC order.

I stand to be corrected, but TTC needs 7 cars for 509, 14 for 510 and 10 for 514 for a total of 31 out 33 in service at this time. This leaves no cars for 512 until the end of May or June.

As more cars come into service, 504 should see more cars on the weekend and holidays.

With the latests news out of Australia, the merger with Siemens can't happen fast enough since BBD is running out of cash for their projects that could effect TTC order.

I stand to be corrected, but TTC needs 7 cars for 509, 14 for 510 and 10 for 514 for a total of 31 out 33 in service at this time. This leaves no cars for 512 until the end of May or June.

As more cars come into service, 504 should see more cars on the weekend and holidays.
The Bombardier-Siemens merger would be excellent for increasing the production of Flexities (as long as factories aren't shut down to reduce duplication).

The Bombardier-Siemens merger would be excellent for increasing the production of Flexities (as long as factories aren't shut down to reduce duplication).
Don't see it since Siemens has over 500 car to be built over the next 5 years from their US plant. Even going to their Europe plants is not going to help with the current order, but will help for the option.

If and when the merger takes place, Siemens is going to look at all of BBD plants and wouldn't be surprise to see Thunder Bay close early 2020's. Cost of shipping items to/from the plant plays a large part on the bottom line as well delivery time.

Back