News   Jun 25, 2024
 396     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 565     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

If I read it right, the TTC Service Summary (Page 3) states it uses 10 CLRV and Flexities during the peak-period on weekday mornings (the busiest time). Not sure how many this would mean for ONLY Flexities. See current Service Summary on Steve Munro's archive at: https://swanboatsteve.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/service_summary_2016_11_20.pdf
At the June Opening, it was stated 10 cars were needed for 514 and would follow 509. One car was to be assign to the route full time once service started and others would be added over time. Depending on BBD, March or April is when 514 will have 10 cars.

We should know between 6 am to 9 am if 4429 enter service on 510 on Friday.

So, is Spadina 501 fully converted to Flexities or do they still run old CLRVs?
510 has been 100% new cars for most of the year and this could make 509 100% now. Still see CLRV's on 509 and this should be the last month for then there.

It seems most of the new cars enter service on 510 and then move to 509 or 514, but a few have seen 509 first.

If TTC doing 20% spare ratio which is higher than plan 12%, it means there should be 6 cars out of service all the time either for work or training.

With 24 for service, this should allow 12/14 for 510, 7 for 509 and 3-5 for 514. This means, the next 7 cars are for 514 (4437 being the last) and that should be late March or April, depending on BBD delivery. Allowing 7-14 days between delivery for the first haft of 2017 and 10 day there after to meet 40 cars for 2017. If BBD deliveries more than 40, all the better with short time frame between cars.

It should be noted, that the max should be out at peak with a lower number during the day as well on the weekend.

510 has been 100% new cars for most of the year and this could make 509 100% now. Still see CLRV's on 509 and this should be the last month for then there.

It seems most of the new cars enter service on 510 and then move to 509 or 514, but a few have seen 509 first.

If TTC doing 20% spare ratio which is higher than plan 12%, it means there should be 6 cars out of service all the time either for work or training.

With 24 for service, this should allow 12/14 for 510, 7 for 509 and 3-5 for 514. This means, the next 7 cars are for 514 (4437 being the last) and that should be late March or April, depending on BBD delivery. Allowing 7-14 days between delivery for the first haft of 2017 and 10 day there after to meet 40 cars for 2017. If BBD deliveries more than 40, all the better with short time frame between cars.

It should be noted, that the max should be out at peak with a lower number during the day as well on the weekend.
Most cars enter service on the 510 cause it needs the most cars and is likely dispatched there. There's nothing preventing them to be dispatched on any routes. Once the 509 and 514 are converted, new cars have a higher chance of be dispatched there too. The 509 and 514 have peak runs (runs that will head back to the yard after rush hour). Time will tell if they would prefer to dispatch them on peak runs on their first day.

Training is not part of the spare ratio. It could be the same cars as the peak runs. They aren't going to train during rush hour. The 509 is still turning back at Fleet loop. I don't know think it's a good idea to convert the line just to have 3 or 4 new cars pile up there as they are schedule to head to the Ex.

Training is not part of the spare ratio. It could be the same cars as the peak runs. They aren't going to train during rush hour. The 509 is still turning back at Fleet loop. I don't know think it's a good idea to convert the line just to have 3 or 4 new cars pile up there as they are schedule to head to the Ex.
A few days ago I was looking at next bus and the bulk of the streetcars on 509 wer new ones but I haven't seen more then two recently when I have been down at Union Station. I think they may have experimented with it during a weekday to see how crowded it could get a flett lop and have decided to wait until Exibition loop is open again. I think its actually still more likely that we could see 514n have more of them then 509 does as it's a fairly well used route downton and it helps out the jing car a lot, plus they don't squeal as much taking the corner at sumach.

Well, it's the end of 2016 and, while conspiracy theories abound, the bottom line is that we have thirty Flexities. I remember when Neil Armstrong stepped out of the first Flexity on the moon he said, "That's one small step for Bombardier, one giant leap for the TTC".

Merry Christmas, folks! :)

A few days ago I was looking at next bus and the bulk of the streetcars on 509 wer new ones but I haven't seen more then two recently when I have been down at Union Station. I think they may have experimented with it during a weekday to see how crowded it could get a flett lop and have decided to wait until Exibition loop is open again. I think its actually still more likely that we could see 514n have more of them then 509 does as it's a fairly well used route downton and it helps out the jing car a lot, plus they don't squeal as much taking the corner at sumach.
IMO, I think the 509 is overserviced if fully converted. I understand that they don't want to stretch the headways too wide but at this time with the amount of streetcar storage, we don't need double the capacity when the 514 and other routes are dying for more capacity. Especially for them to be stuck at Fleet loop. A better use of resource is to convert the 511 and 514 before filling in the 509.

IMO, I think the 509 is overserviced if fully converted. I understand that they don't want to stretch the headways too wide but at this time with the amount of streetcar storage, we don't need double the capacity when the 514 and other routes are dying for more capacity. Especially for them to be stuck at Fleet loop. A better use of resource is to convert the 511 and 514 before filling in the 509.

The 509 skips stops in the morning due to overfilled streetcars after Spadina. I've even seen Flexities skip stops due to being jammed. And in the afternoon its the same story of jammed Streetcars. Its defiantly not over serviced.

. It's defiantly not over serviced.

To the barricades!
def.png

Attachments

• def.png
    def.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 280
Let's hope that world leaders don't use the word prediction functions on their smartphone. It could well trigger the start of World War III.

- Paul

The 509 skips stops in the morning due to overfilled streetcars after Spadina. I've even seen Flexities skip stops due to being jammed. And in the afternoon its the same story of jammed Streetcars. Its defiantly not over serviced.
They are also often bunched up with large gap that leads to ones being filled up. Then there's the story of the missing 510 being caught up on Spadina. With bad route management, converting the entire route still creates the same problem but there would just be more emptier cars following the packed leading car.

4429 is in service on 510 now.

It spent part of Friday in various bays until the GPS when nuts that it was in various parts of southern Ontario.

4430 currently northbound on Bathurst St heading to St Clair and just pass Hillcrest

Back