News   Jul 16, 2024
 82     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 832     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 962     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

^not really. I think we are still over 20 days between streetcars. They cut a week off of the last gap, but we are supposed to be getting one every 10 days, I think we are at 21 days now..
Supposed to be 50 a year - that's one every 7 days. Plus they say they'll make up the missing 10 by mid-year, so that's 35 in 26 weeks - one every 5 days.

If the one that got to Lambton Yard on Saturday is delivered Monday, that would be 19 days - which is a record. But the last time we go one in 20 days, the following came in 43 days ... so too early to take too seriously.

If more than one car gets ship from TB at the same time, there will be an idler flat between them. 2 cars will require 2 88' long flats and 3 small idler flats 40'-50'. Anymore than 2 will require an extra idler and 88' car.

So much for seeing 16 on the road this year. The current rate of delivery will see 4604 arriving 17 years from now or 2032, just in time to see the next generation being order.

Will we see the first of pans only arriving in 2016 since the cars are sooooo late??

I think it would be worth looking at fitting pans to the refitted ALRVs if the mounting points/wiring are good to go, if for no other reason that making it easier to back them up the next time the taxi drivers get chippy (if Uber haven't gotten 100pc of the drivers enslav... uh... emplo... uh... contracted by then). If the pans were the same model as the Flexity then they could be stored after the ALRVs are retired to swap out ones on Flexities in the event of damage or other wear and tear.

While it is costing the TTC $ to keep the A/CLRV fleet going, presumably a big chunk of capital cashflow is being deferred? Presumably we're only paying for cars we're actually getting, plus possibly some stage payments for ones actually on the production line?

4414 being delivered today ... here's the requisite PCC image to go with it.
4414 1964 00 00 BLOOR & ST GEORGE UNKNOWN.jpg

Attachments

• 4414 1964 00 00 BLOOR & ST GEORGE UNKNOWN.jpg
    4414 1964 00 00 BLOOR & ST GEORGE UNKNOWN.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,170
If I had a vote...I would say it is no longer necessary to post the "requisite" "PCC that used the same number" photo....I think we long ago got the idea....but i am just one vote ;) :)
Just another one of those cute-but-getting-tiresome things in the thread (alongside endless tracking of deliveries, and counting the days) that will inevitably go away once we start receiving regular deliveries.

When a new vehicle is being delivered every week or two, it'll die down. At that point, it's best if those who are really interested go over to CPTDB, which is a more appropriate forum for that kind of vehicle spotting.

Just another one of those cute-but-getting-tiresome things in the thread (alongside endless tracking of deliveries, and counting the days) that will inevitably go away once we start receiving regular deliveries.

When a new vehicle is being delivered every week or two, it'll die down. At that point, it's best if those who are really interested go over to CPTDB, which is a more appropriate forum for that kind of vehicle spotting.

When the TTC stops sending out tweets and announcing each car going into service like it's a big event it won't matter anymore, like the TR trains. I don't see anyone on the platforms getting excited when they pull in. People realized that there are new trains, but the delays and disruptions are still the same. I happened to have 4414 so I threw it out there.

Interesting that the tow slot [white] is exposed. Looks like what they had in the prototype model, although maybe just the red cap is off? As well, it does not say 4414 in white above the front windshield.
no markings....here is the conspiracy theory.....BBD will send out this same pic (with a slightly photoshopped background/weather) 3 more times this week...announcing 4415...4416 and 4417....then say "we delivered, you lost them...not our fault they are not in service" ;)

So how long does it take to do testing and commissioning on the new streetcars after they arrive in Toronto?

Back