News   Jul 16, 2024
 106     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 269     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

In essence it's like we're suing ourselves if the Canadian government chooses to bailout Bombardier further.

Well by that logic, a suing any entity that has ever received government funds would be like suing ourselves.

Anyways it doesn't really matter. Toronto needs to be compensated for the damage Bombarider has caused. I don't care where Bombardier gets the money as long as Toronto is fully compensated.

I've been watching the Nextbus data on 510 over the last couple of weeks, during weekdays. Often there has been 9 new cars out on 510. Always seem to be 2 out on 509.

All cars out today except 4408 - 11 new cars. Presumably that's being used for training (and I've seen more training cars in the east end since the move to Leslie).

Meanwhile the next delivery appears to be en route, just having left White River. I'd expect a delivery on Sunday or Monday - so might make 13 in service by year-end.

I've been watching the Nextbus data on 510 over the last couple of weeks, during weekdays. Often there has been 9 new cars out on 510. Always seem to be 2 out on 509.

All cars out today except 4408 - 11 new cars. Presumably that's being used for training (and I've seen more training cars in the east end since the move to Leslie).

Meanwhile the next delivery appears to be en route, just having left White River. I'd expect a delivery on Sunday or Monday - so might make 13 in service by year-end.
I saw 4408 on Leslie 'Not in Service" about 2.30, it was heading into the Barns with a crowd of folk in orange jackets.

How are you able to track the CP flatbed cars?

How are you able to track the CP flatbed cars?

The answer to that is not a deep dark secret, but neither is it something that ought to be broadcast widely. If it is abused by a horde of enthusiasts it will be shut down by a security-conscious railway. Since 9/11 we've seen this already cut back enormously.

Suffice it to say that all railways provide customers with ways of checking their shipment status, and (to date) it's simpler to not bury this capability behind computer ID's and passwords. So one can check a lot of things without actually being the actual shipper.

- Paul

And right now all 12 new streetcars are in service. 10 of 20 on Spadina, and 2 of 8 on Harbourfront (well, 1 is still heading down Queen E).

And right now all 12 new streetcars are in service. 10 of 20 on Spadina, and 2 of 8 on Harbourfront (well, 1 is still heading down Queen E).

I was able to ride 4410 this morning on Queen from Yonge to Spadina. Was marked as 509 Harbourfront. Great to see them in revenue service coming out of Leslie Barns.

I was able to ride 4410 this morning on Queen from Yonge to Spadina. Was marked as 509 Harbourfront. Great to see them in revenue service coming out of Leslie Barns.

I see one weekday mornings on King entering service for the 510. It must in fact have quite an exemplary service benchmark; as I walk up York from Union Station off the GO Train it appears at almost the exact moment I reach King, about 7:25, every single day.

So I know these aren't the new LFLRVs but they are the new/rebuilt ALRVs! I believe the TTC is rebuilding 30 of them to hold them over due to slower arrivals of the LFLRVs. The new ALRVs look stellar after their rebuild. Does anyone know how long the TTC plans on using the rebuilt ones? Even after the LFLRV order of 204 and the additional order of 60 arrive, if the rebuilt ALRVs are still in good shape I see no reason to get rid of them. Yes, they are not accessible, but they could still be used during rush hour peak to provide additional service. Also, will the new ALRVs be fitted with pantographs once the LFLRVs start using them? (Pictures are not mine, they are taken by Joshua N. Anderchek)

12348016_10153832505808631_6721814893214179369_n.jpg

12342300_10153832505828631_6872978424914527838_n.jpg

12348025_10153832505868631_5281136576345233556_n.jpg

ALRV fitted with pantograph at production facility (below).
streetcar-4504-09.jpg

Back