News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

TTC has only 5 Flexity Outlooks. Bombardier has 3, that can't be used for regular service. 4 out of 5 is to be expected.

Indeed, from what I heard, one consideration is that 4400's odometer is quite a bit higher than most of the others, and 4403 to some extent as well, since they were received much earlier and 4400 in particular saw LOTS more testing milage put onto it. Don't know if that's 100% accurate, but it's what I've heard--anecdotally, I certainly feel like I've seen 4400 be the odd one out more often than any other individual one, with 4403 in second place, but that might just be a coincidence or confirmation bias. 4404/5/6 seem to be in service pretty consistently.

Today had 4400 and 4406 on 509, and 4404 and 4405 on 510, with 4403 sitting the day out. Caught 4400 on 509 completely by sheer luck, didn't even try to time my trip to meet it--lovely to have the AC with the insane humidity these last few days! Was sweating up a storm on CLRVs yesterday...yikes!

That was a really stupid article from the star. The title had nothing todo with reality and the article even contradicts it self by saying the the issues have already been fixed during production and that the vehicles that the ttc is running now are of superb quality

The cars now in service “have proved superbly reliable,” he said. One of the two-stage wheelchair ramps has failed once and a Presto device was out of service for about two hours, but otherwise the vehicles have been problem-free.

So where are 4400 and 4403? They weren't in service yesterday, nor it seems again this morning.

and a Presto device was out of service for about two hours,

I've only ridden new cars about 3 times since they installed Presto back in December, and I've seen a Presto unit out-of-service (second one was working). Did I really see the ONLY outage?

This sentence from that article is laughable:

"There should be 30 cars in Toronto by the end of the year, with the Harbourfront, Spadina and Bathurst lines fully furnished."

There are 37 weeks left in 2015. Considering in 2015 we have seen only 4405, 4406 and 4407 come into service, does anyone believe this is worth more than the electrons that carried this sentence from your computer to your eyes? One car a week for the rest of the year?? Honestly??

This sentence from that article is laughable:

"There should be 30 cars in Toronto by the end of the year, with the Harbourfront, Spadina and Bathurst lines fully furnished."

There are 37 weeks left in 2015. Considering in 2015 we have seen only 4405, 4406 and 4407 come into service, does anyone believe this is worth more than the electrons that carried this sentence from your computer to your eyes? One car a week for the rest of the year?? Honestly??
It might be a bit optimistic, but given that they've committed to ramp up deliveries to 2 a month now, and then 4 a month in the fall, it's hopefully not far off. It would only take 6 months at that rate to get 30 cars. And even if they miss with only 20, then hopefully they can catch up in 2016 and 2017.

From The Star article:

Conscious that customers are eager to see the new fully accessible, air-conditioned cars in service, Byford said he is now pushing to have the manufacturing schedule ramped up, first to two cars a month, then by fall to delivery of one every five days.

I better see that. Since Bombardier would also be building the similar, but wider and double-ended, Flexity Freedom light rail vehicle models.

...for also Kitchener/Waterloo as well. I've never seen it addressed, but really hope that our system can jump the queue a bit to make sure we get our trains on-time. I'd hate to see our project delayed because of all the delays on Toronto's Outlook LFLRV's.

Back