News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 866     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 349     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

why would you have done that?

I gave a big dissertation on it in the other thread but the short form is that it can sometimes take 3 or 4 lights for streetcars to get through University intersection combo of red lights and stopping for passengers......so if you remove one of those it speeds the line up.

it would just make an awkward transfer to St. Andrew..

EB would be a wee bit awkward as it would be into the doors of RTH..down into PATH and follow a corridor....or a short <100m walk outside....WB would be easy as the stop is right outside 200King W and a direct escalator ride down into subway....or, again, about a 70m walk outside...rider's choice.

Like I said, not to upset it was Simcoe eliminated and not University...but I would have liked it the other way as it would improve the speed/efficiency of the line.IMO

Looks like this new streetcar may take a little extra time before it rolls on the streets.

Truly despicable. Since the concept of property doesn't belong to this individual, I suppose one should tattoo something similarly distasteful on his/her forehead should he/she ever be caught - and make sure one use an ink that is laser resistant.

AoD

That would make the ablative plural flexitatibus, which would compound the confusion. :confused:

Pff, it would be just as much 'for all' as the proverbial omnibus :D

Some transit agencies in France, Belgium and Switzerland are fond of calling their night bus service Noctambus, which I am disappointed to realize isn't actually Latin for 'by night' (that would be nocte). Oh well.

^ it still looks damn good! Great photo too, with the wires & electrical equipment above it.

Agreed. It's a striking image.

44 North puts graffiti on a lot of his vehicle renders. I bet he did this! :mad:

Haha, no. For the most part I don’t support graffiti like this. I mostly drew it onto my train sketches as a trademark of sorts.

Although I am a big supporter of murals, and am partial to pieces painted on retaining walls, under bridges, or in bland and out of the way areas - provided that they’re well done and not gang-related. There’s definitely an urban quality about them that’s hard to find in squeaky clean new cities or suburbs. And if you’ve ever travelled by train through countries like Germany you’d be greeted with exceptional graffito that blows anything like this clear out of the water.

Closeup of the destructive "artwork". They should have put that "artwork" on their own bodies.
post-29368-0-02877700-1429804260.jpg

Attachments

• post-29368-0-02877700-1429804260.jpg
    post-29368-0-02877700-1429804260.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 966
Absolutely hideous.
Who will pay to remove this?
How long will this delay the already-absurdly delayed delivery of 4407?
How will Bombardier prevent this from happening to subsequent LFLRV's?
(rhetorical questions perhaps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely rhetorical questions. They could, for example, wrap the whole vehicle in plastic wrap before shipment, and TTC could unwrap it once they receive it.

Not entirely rhetorical questions. They could, for example, wrap the whole vehicle in plastic wrap before shipment, and TTC could unwrap it once they receive it.
In other forums TTC staff have commented the time alone to wrap it would be far more than the few minutes to remove the graffiti from the paint surface designed for easy removal of graffiti.

They could put those advertisement wraps on them, and then remove those advertisements when it arrives.
Given how remote much of the area is where CP carries the streetcar, would that bring in much revenue? I'd think cheaper to use a clear wrap - and cheaper yet just to remove paint.

Is it correct that the TTC didn't take ownership of the vehicle when the grafetti incident happened? If so, I assume that Bombardier would have to pay for the clean up
Presumably there is already mechanism for TTC staff to charge against the project with Bombardier's approval when it's much simpler to use TTC staff.

Back