News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 637     0 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Work at Donlands Stn on the new elevator just getting under way:

Pic by me, as at January 15th, 2021:

1610755982557.png

Sections of tile on mezzanine level also removed and hoarding erected.

.. Spadina's easier access page has now been completely been removed from the Easier Access Page itself. Maybe TTC is reworking the plans?
Hopefully. Installing two elevators for Line 1, with neither connecting to the surface is just silly.

As was said before, a cost/benefit analysis would probably negate any elevators at the Kendal exit.
A cost/benefit analysis would negate using wheelchairs for access pretty much everywhere.

That's why they don't do cost/benefit analyses for installation of elevators.

A cost/benefit analysis would negate using wheelchairs for access pretty much everywhere.

That's why they don't do cost/benefit analyses for installation of elevators.

My point was that an elevator at the Kendal Entrance would likely see so few people that the cost of elevator wouldn't be justified. The elevator from Line 1 to the corridor would be of much greater benefit because it gives people the ability to transfer between lines should there be a need to curtail service at Spadina.

The whole reason trains turn back at St George instead of Spadina (despite both having a crossover) is because Spadina is not an accessible station.

My point was that an elevator at the Kendal Entrance would likely see so few people that the cost of elevator wouldn't be justified. The elevator from Line 1 to the corridor would be of much greater benefit because it gives people the ability to transfer between lines should there be a need to curtail service at Spadina.
Sure - but why not simply connect one of the Lowther elevators to the surface, and add a pedestrian entrance.

I'm not suggesting that there should be elevators at Kendall. I'm suggesting that one of the already planned elevators at Lowther should go to the surface, to provide better accessibility to Line 2 from the surface.

Sure - but why not simply connect one of the Lowther elevators to the surface, and add a pedestrian entrance.

I'm not suggesting that there should be elevators at Kendall. I'm suggesting that one of the already planned elevators at Lowther should go to the surface, to provide better accessibility to Line 2 from the surface.

There is no exit at Lowther only Kendal.

There is no exit at Lowther only Kendal.
We are going in circles. I pointed that out days ago.

So why not create a very useful entrance at Lowther WHILE they are putting in the elevators? They could put a staircase in cheaply while installing the elevators. Heck, they could do that pretty easily even with the current plan to build elevators at Lowther that don't go to the surface.

A Lowther entrance to Spadina station with elevators would be great.

Why stop at the mezzanine level when the elevators and stairs can go to the surface?

It would also be great for emergencies.

Not just that, but it would be an opportunity to add more First Nations art to the station.

As part of the work for the second exit and the elevators at College Station, the median along Yonge, south of College is no more:

1611623596960.png

1611623640193.png

Nope, the new look is this:

View attachment 296308

Part of the Yonge revitalization project.

Will look much better!
Yonge TOmorrow and the College Station renovation are separate projects. When College is finished, Yonge Street will look the same until a few years later when YongeTOmorrow takes shape.

Back