News   Aug 23, 2024
 911     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 513     0 

TTC Announcements

Nothing wrong...

I was going along the 401 on the other side and everyone slow down and payed respects in what ever manner seems fit (a small bow, a small prayer whatever)

Even my father who opposes the war payed respect.

There's clearly multiple revisions of the stop announcement database. They eliminated a stop from my route about a year ago, and I'd say that about 1/6 of the buses still announce it (like my bus this morning). Thankfully, in this situation it's not confusing to riders at all.

That looks really awkward with the scrolling like:

Highway 401 Highway
--
Of Heroes

They should at least change it to:

Highway 401
--
Highway of Heroes

Usually, if there's a stop opposite a street at a T-intersection, the stop will be called for that street, which is why it should be Channel Nine Court. This is one inconsistency in the system. It's not like people need to know when to get off a bus to the 401, unless they intended to hitchhike.

Or pay their respects to fallen soldiers. (NB: maybe that's why they announced it as "Highway Of Heroes".)

I was on the Queen car on Wednesday and as it approached the Yonge Subway stop all the announcement said was Yonge St. Do you not think that they could add a bit more to the announcement to say connect here for Yonge Subway (or something like that)?

I already knew that GPS completely fails to work when you travel among tall buildings due to the satellite signals getting reflected and interrupted. So when I took the Bay bus last week, I was curious about how the system would respond.

Between Queen and Front, the system was completely useless and wrong. It missed one stop and the others it announced all wrong (for example, announced the King stop as Richmond Street). Pretty funny.

The TTC should just delete the stops between Front and Bay in the computer system and make it a policy that drivers must call out those 4 or so stops.

Back