News   Mar 28, 2024
 923     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 529     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

Trinity-Spadina by-election

I get the sense that Cressy is really disliked among progressives outside of partisan NDP circles. I wasn't happy with the noncompetitive nomination, but I've met him a few times and found him to be quite affable. He just is running against a superstar in Adam Vaughan. That plus, the ripple of the disastrous ONDP campaign, Mulcair having said he supported Blair's changes to the Labour Party (horrible timing!) and having the odious Bruce Cox as his campaign manager.

If Cressy gets close to 40% I think that'll be considered a victory of sorts.

jm_mcgrath 3:23pm via TweetDeck
#trispa RT @nerdibird Lots of people at this polling station asking why they can't vote for Rob Ford today. I think this might be a problem.
Oh FFS, those people should have their voting cards taken away.

I wouldn't sweat that too much. I heard similar stories during the Provincial election. It just show that Ford Nation is full of dumb, ignorant, political buffoons. It is such a poorly established political movement that they can't even figure out regional politics and just want to vote for "RoB FOrD"

Good luck with his "Ford Nation candidates" these Mensa members can't even figure out when the mayor election is and who is up for voting this time around. Do you really think they have the brain capacity to figure research who's there Ford nation candidate? Double good luck to John Tory who somehow thinks he going to be able to grab a large amount of strategic Ford voter, there is no such thing

Ford might have passionate voters. But do you know who else had passionate voters. Hudak, remember he won all the "passion poll" but what could of having a passionate base when the majority think you are an a-hole

I guess i better talk about trinspa. Forum research has Vaughan winning with 45% with Cressy at 35%. An possible interesting battle for third as the PC candidate is at 11% and Green's candidate jumped up to 9%. Vaughan is trending down wards from (52,54,52 current 45). Cressy kind of stable with a slight raise (31,31,34, current 35). The PC candidate is never in the race and slowly dropping (14,13,12, current 11). Greens Labchuk had a respectable jump going from (2,2,2, current 9)

Here's my predictions, using zero scientific data. :)

44% - Liberals
36% - NDP
12% - PC
8% - Green

This is a sign of things to come in 2015, I think. I don't think the Grits will become the governing party but I do think they will become opposition and the Tories will be knocked down into a minority status again. I see the 2015 election as something like this: the Tories losing -40 seats, the Liberals gaining 60+ seats and the NDP losing -40 seats. The Grits will take Quebec in a huge red wave.

The Liberal party are starting to run lots of star candidates and I think you'll see that happening in lots of swing ridings. I have a feeling Karen Stintz will be running as a Liberal in Eglinton-Lawrence.

Last edited:
This is a sign of things to come in 2015, I think. I don't think the Grits will become the governing party but I do think they will become opposition and the Tories will be knocked down into a minority status again. I see the 2015 election as something like this: the Tories losing -40 seats, the Liberals gaining 60+ seats and the NDP losing -40 seats. The Grits will take Quebec in a huge red wave.

The Liberal party are starting to run lots of star candidates and I think you'll see that happening in lots of swing ridings. I have a feeling Karen Stintz will be running as a Liberal in Eglinton-Lawrence.

I think the only province where the tories could win would be AB. Everywhere else will either be Lib or NDP. If they formed a coalition we would be free of the CON menace!
Anyway, we were all predicting Vaughan's win as soon as he registered. I would like to see how well the Greens did. I never saw one CON sign up around town, and I hope the Greens beat them.

Isn't she a card-carrying PC running to the right of John Tory?

Terrific victory for Vaughan ... and, hopefully the citizens of the City of Toronto.

We need more bulldogs like him (regardless of their political allegiance) up on Parliament Hill fighting for urban, progressive causes.

Last edited:

Back