News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

Trinity District at Lakeview (Trinity/Rio Can, Retail Box/Condo, 2s, Greenberg Farrow) COMPLETE

The entire site has now been cleared.
5f33d982-e152-45bb-a75b-acbeadaaef60_zps64b02ca8.jpg

This looks WAY better than the Stockyards. You don't have to navigate mazes of escalators here, and it looks like there will be a lot of retail frontage on Lakeshore.

It's too bad the residential portion couldn't be better integrated.

The Stockyards was an important step up from generic big-box retail centres with acres of surface parking. It could have used some residential density, but it took the wasteful surface parking lot out of the equation. It also refocused the big-box retail on pedestrian-friendly streets, including St. Clair Avenue West itself. For the first time, people in the area could step off a streetcar and walk directly to storefront retail. This development might be the next step in the evolution of big box shopping from wasteful and car-oriented sprawl to practical and compact mixed-use development.

The renderings

mississauga-district-lakeview-aerial-2014.jpg
map_mississauga_cawthra_lakeshore_loc_2013.jpg
mississauga-lake-shore-ground-level.gif
mississauga-lake-shore-second-level.gif
mississauga-district-at-lakeview-aerial-2.jpg
mississauga-district-at-lakeview-aerial-1.jpg

Attachments

• mississauga-district-lakeview-aerial-2014.jpg
    mississauga-district-lakeview-aerial-2014.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 975
  • map_mississauga_cawthra_lakeshore_loc_2013.jpg
    map_mississauga_cawthra_lakeshore_loc_2013.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 936
  • mississauga-lake-shore-ground-level.gif
    mississauga-lake-shore-ground-level.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 832
  • mississauga-lake-shore-second-level.gif
    mississauga-lake-shore-second-level.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 806
  • mississauga-district-at-lakeview-aerial-2.jpg
    mississauga-district-at-lakeview-aerial-2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 902
  • mississauga-district-at-lakeview-aerial-1.jpg
    mississauga-district-at-lakeview-aerial-1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 3,098
To be honest, this looks like it will be even worse than Stockyards. The retail may be put together a little better, but combined with the residential this will be a messy one.

Seeing as the picture is right on Trinity's own website I assume it is accurate... Walmart is going in here? I personally attended several of the community/council meetings pertaining to this development and out of all the good/bad comments I heard that are so typical to this type of project, the one huge resounding concern I remember, No Big Box Stores...

Back