News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 3.2K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Without getting into details (because I'm sure others are far more knowledgeable about specific alignments) I think your "dream" map is perfectly reasonable. This is the network we should already have built or have approached completion now, not some fantasy creation. Incidentally, going back to the first subway line and projecting through to 2014 when an additional 6? stations will be built, what is the average number of new stations added to the subway per year? Based on that we could guess how long it would take for something like the network you posted to come to reality.

WELL DONE!!! KEEP DREAMING!!!

U WON'T SEE IT HAPPENING IN THIS LIFE TIME.

I just noticed that the DRL north of Don Mills station follows the exact same alignment (and street grid) as VIVA currently does :)

pitfever:

Just a note - typing in ALL CAPS is considered to be rather impolite universally online. This is not the first time you've done it. If you can't follow some rather basic forms of etiquette on the forum, it will be practiced for you.

AoD

U WON'T SEE IT HAPPENING IN THIS LIFE TIME.

Well, the map did say 2070. (Though not being enormously far off from Network 2011.) I will have recently celebrated my 90th, the prospect of which I hope I didn't just jinx.

Apparently, our best hope of seeing decent rapid transit within our lifetimes is to somehow lengthen our lifetimes.

Congratulations, Sir, on reaching 90 years.

As for the map, I think its good. It's got a B-D extension to Square One which I think is awesome, as well as to SCC.

Eglinton line to Airport, and then veering north to Brampton I find odd though, I'd rather have it continue west along Eglinton to Hurontario. Sheppard I like going to the airport, but I think it should stay on Sheppard.

I guess for the most part I like lines that stay on the roads they're named for lol.

That is Cornell Town Centre. The green belt is north and east of there.

Ugh :rolleyes ! Another fantasy map that's basically a reworking of mine getting praised. I guess it's not the message but the messager afterall. Oh and if Enviro recognises Malvern, Rouge Hill and Long Branch/Hwy 27 corridor and gets everyone's blessings, I better damn well never hear a naysay about my ideas ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A subway to Ninth Line is a bad idea no matter who suggests it.

I think the subway map Enviro posted also goes too far into the suburbs and has some weird routings (like Rouge Hill via Malvern). A subway to Bramalea City Centre?

Routes to Pickering, Brampton, Mississauga, Markham are better done by real regional rail. The only subway into the 905 really ought to be Yonge, though we are getting the Sorbaraland subway anyway.

yea, that was a weird hump going to malvern then back down to kingston.

and just to socialwoe, everybody's transit maps are basically the same -- they are all based on proposals that the city has put forth, not you.

^ That and the fact that socialwoe's map is effectively a superset of every possible map.

Back