News   Jul 15, 2024
 57     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 338     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 533     0 

Transit City: Sheppard East Debate

What actual work have the started on Sheppard? Moving water mains and utilities?

That about it and it only in the Markham Rd area to the east.

Work is to start on the grade separation for GO.

Work for widening bridges can start anytime.

Now, has Metrolinx and TTC agree to what the track gauge is going to be???

If not, you can only do the base for the ROW on either side of the intersection that cannot be touch until the track gauge is known.

Lets hope they use a laser beam to say this is the centre of the straight road and the ROW. Then work from that line for the traffic lanes and sidewalks. Otherwise, Hello St Clair, bye bye TC.

I am not a fan of less important projects getting built first. Sorry but the Yonge Subway Line (not the Sheppard East bus route) is where I waste ample time traveling to and from work.

Now what do you want done to the Yonge line that can be done in a short time??

Anything north of Finch is about 20+ years off.

If you are talking DRL, that a least 10 years down the road if not more depending how Metrolinx wants to spend money considering they used most of the $11b up now. If the Feds drop in their $6Bm who knows what the time table will be.

ATO will not be in place until 2017.

What am I complaining about? I'm getting a car in 3 weeks and leaving the TT 'SHITTY' C forever! :p

LOL after I got my car I thought I had said goodbye to Mississauga Transit forever. Little did I anticipate the car crash I was in in November which led to my car being written off, and having to take public transit for a week. That was hell lol. But it'd've been worse in winter.

That said, I still take GO transit mostly, and TTC occasionally. I thank God daily I will never have to take any Transit City line. Although the Eglinton tunnel does interest me.

What BRT is going to be slower than Sheppard East?? I sorely doubt that Viva will be slower. Viva is being built for speed. SELRT is being built for prettiness.

How so?

I don't know all the details but Viva in the center of hi-way 7 as is won't be pretty. There are extremely long left turns on many intersections on hi-way 7. How are they fighting against this? In general there is a lot of layover all over Hi-way 7.

^^ btw this only applies to the section around the 404 -> Warden.

If you're talking about other stretches it's not really fair - Hi-way 7 is a lot more like a hi-way then Sheppard (70KM/H for a start) and the lights are far apart.

So in that respect of course it'll be faster, but not because it's built for speed, it's because Hi-way 7 is built for speed in most sections.

So in that respect of course it'll be faster, but not because it's built for speed, it's because Hi-way 7 is built for speed in most sections.
The TTC is advertising it as Rapid Transit. If York wanted to just have pretty BRT lanes, they could have made them tiny to squeeze in an extra lane of traffic per direction, but they didn't. The stops are totally comparable in spacing to the B-D, and the ROW's more than large enough to run busses quite fast. If the TTC wanted to put this work into TC, they could have. But they sacrificed the speed of a LRT to a half commitment, strung up on the idea that LRT should look nice before actually going fast.

Back