1K     1 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Double-standard much? I think SCC is far more important to reach than Vaughan.

The point is... Bus Service should suffice on Sheppard East of Agincourt GO forEVER

No need for light rail or subway. Rapid Transit from STC to Don Mills is the area of priority. Therefore, Sheppard East LRT is such a flawed plan!

Yes, but an SCC connection that has more of an express like service directly to the downtown core, whether it be a GO Train connection or a subway line that services south of Queen with far apart stops and even have the VP to Kennedy part of the BD line be transferred over to the new line as part of the fast service from SCC to downtown.

Yes, we can spend precious dollars duplicating an existing rapid transit connection. Or we can spend them actually expanding the network.

VCC should be an LRT extension, past YorkU the first phase of an eventual LRT network that replaces the current VIVA system, but we have what we have.

At least that Vaughn subway leads to downtown on the same line and has far apart stations through most of it acting like commuter rail, which is better than a BD extension to replace the SRT since then people would have to sit thru endless stations to even get to the Yonge line.

If funds are scarce or more to the point the willingness to commit funds then maybe do nothing on Sheppard and build more worthwhile lines where it would be assured to be used enough and relieve existing rapid transit lines. Even a 3km line downtown could have a significant impact.

And on a sidenote better to integrate the GO Train into the system. Those on Sheppard can get on at Oriole or Agincourt for a speedy ride downtown without having to bother with the local, and even rapid transit local system as it ideally should be for long distance transit.

Acts like commuter rail? Why not just build commuter rail then... The Barrie line is not that far away, a station there (at hwy 7) would be 20 mins (or less?) from downtown.

Yes, we can spend precious dollars duplicating an existing rapid transit connection. Or we can spend them actually expanding the network.

VCC should be an LRT extension, past YorkU the first phase of an eventual LRT network that replaces the current VIVA system, but we have what we have.

Such a defeatist attitude... Steeles to hwy 7 is roughly 3 km, at the TTC's INFLATED subway construction cost of $300 million per km that portion of the line would cost nearly $1 billion. If it were built as LRT ($150 million per km) the line would be able to stretch to Vaughan Mills (where condos are being built), Canada's Wonderland, and maybe even the proposed hospital. Where's the value for the dollar?

SCC is important to reach... from downtown (i.e. the Bloor Line). It isn't at all important to reach from North York. LRT should be focused on crosstown trips and subways should be focused on downtown trips. GO should handle the long distance trips needing greater speed.

By that logic MCC should reachable by downtown via subway as well. Hey I'm fine with that. Especially since there's no existing rail option from MCC to downtown.

By that logic MCC should reachable by downtown via subway as well. Hey I'm fine with that. Especially since there's no existing rail option from MCC to downtown.

Considering that it is by far the largest "node" in the 905, I would certainly agree with that. If any 905 node deserves a subway, it's MCC. Especially considering the fact that MT's entire rapid transit system is being geared to running through Square One (Transitway, Hurontario LRT).

Although I think honestly at this point the closest thing that MCC will be getting to a subway is an extension of a branch of the Eglinton LRT, upgrading the portion of the Transitway corridor from Martin Grove to MCC (Ottawa will have completed their BRT to LRT conversion by then, so some lessons can be learned).

Perhaps they could extend the Pearson Rail extension to MCC and have that as a route on the GO system. Also to provide a fast trip to and through west Toronto and downtown.

Back