Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

IMG_0104.JPG

DSCN0601.JPG
DSCN0602.JPG
DSCN0603.JPG
DSCN0604.JPG
DSCN0605.JPG
DSCN0606.JPG
DSCN0607.JPG
DSCN0608.JPG
DSCN0610.JPG
DSCN0611.JPG
DSCN0613.JPG
DSCN0614.JPG

The south side of the south bldg. is not even waterproofed (painted black) yet. The first of the exterior glass wall was installed on the first floor of Pivot.Teriyaki Experience is coming back to the food court next to Villa Medina which leaves one vacant unit next to Popeye's. Other new tenants; North York Premiere Dry Cleaners, a sushi kiosk near the TD bank, a currency mart near the food court and a Bell store next to a Fido store across from Purdy's.

Interior store construction for Longo's store has finally started,... building permit were issued last Spring!

Image from this post late last month, shows Longo’s space remain empty concrete shell with no work being done
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-riocan-quadrangle.17901/page-40#post-1408055

Recent image of Yonge frontage's 2nd floor window - where Longo's will be,.... Image shows HVAC duct work being done, Longo's signage and "CG" logo - the same (Italian name) Cecchini Group general contractor who built interior for Whole Foods Market at Hullmark Centre nearby 5 years ago which took them 6 months to build,.... thus, I expect this Longo's to be completed and open in about 6 month (July?) VS the Fall opening that's be re-promised recently. This “CG” general contractor did an amazing job designing & building the Whole Foods Market at Hullmark Centre (only layout a bit odd in that walking into store you have to do sharp right-turn otherwise you basically walk into cash registers; this was partly fixed later by relocating cash registers a bit deeper in to give popular cafe more space),.... not expecting a WFM like design here but looks like we’ll get another good design with good build quality.
IMG_2490.JPG

Following image from @drum118 March 2014 post showing the same "CG" Cecchini Group general contractor logo at HullmarkCentre's Whole Foods Market interior build.
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...del-kirkor-architects.668/page-87#post-833113
Drum118_HullmarkCentreCGMar2014.png

Last edited:
View attachment 171476View attachment 171477View attachment 171478View attachment 171479View attachment 171480View attachment 171481View attachment 171482View attachment 171483View attachment 171484View attachment 171485View attachment 171486View attachment 171487
The south side of the south bldg. is not even waterproofed (painted black) yet. The first of the exterior glass wall was installed on the first floor of Pivot.Teriyaki Experience is coming back to the food court next to Villa Medina which leaves one vacant unit next to Popeye's. Other new tenants; North York Premiere Dry Cleaners, a sushi kiosk near the TD bank, a currency mart near the food court and a Bell store next to a Fido store across from Purdy's.
Any idea when Potatopia is opening?

Great news: Cactus Club Cafe has taken a 10,000 sq. ft. unit next to Longo's. They're quality, casual dining but not cheap. They have many units in B.C., one on Adelaide St. and one at Sherway Gardens. Shoe repair is returning opposite the food court. Fuzz Wax Bar just leased a unit next to Miniso.

Hi Blutoothbetti;
I've been trying to get some info from Potatopia since you asked on Jan. 24. The owner, Allen Dikker has not returned my phone calls or emails. My contact at Riocan tells me they should open by the end of Feb. Allen Dikker, when he did communicate with me in the summer and fall of 2018, kept moving the opening date down the road, without any reasons. We'll see this time.

Hi Blutoothbetti;
I've been trying to get some info from Potatopia since you asked on Jan. 24. The owner, Allen Dikker has not returned my phone calls or emails. My contact at Riocan tells me they should open by the end of Feb. Allen Dikker, when he did communicate with me in the summer and fall of 2018, kept moving the opening date down the road, without any reasons. We'll see this time.

Hello Constructo,
Thank you for looking into this. I saw the listed opening date a while back and noticed we were past that so was just curious. It looks delicious - hopefully it does open by the end of Feb!

Inside mall, DuMonde opened recently,.... Optical & Orthopedic shoes - interesting combo

On Yonge Street, iQ recently opened as well,....

Yonge frontage full of signage,.... Basil Box, iQ, Five Guys, Sweet Jesus, Blaze,.... LA Fitness,.... nice blank area reserved for Longos sign

What New Year's Diet? Gave up on that long ago,... this place isn't helping! And Five Guys & Blaze Pizza aren't even open yet!

Last edited:
What New Year's Diet? Gave up on that long ago,... this place isn't helping! And Five Guys & Blaze Pizza aren't even open yet!

Good for you then that LA Fitness is just one floor up.

Speaking of LA Fitness,.... for anyone wanting to check out the inside,.... they'll have an open house Grand Opening celebration all day long this Saturday, February 23rd. Hmmm,.... "Complimentary healthy snacks" "And more",.... I wonder if they'll have cake & chips,... mmmmm,....

Back