Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

Right now, it's only Jimmy the Greek and Wikki Hut in the food court; both good quality and portions. They are busy for lunch but the service is fast. Second Cup is open just outside the food court and doing well for those that want a different pastry or blend of coffee than Tim Horton's. I tried Tim's new latte and it was very good. ($2.99 for a medium) The beans are freshly ground for each order. You, too can be your own barista at home with their state of the art machine. It's a Swiss made Schaerer "Coffee Art Plus" for only $12,000.
schaerer.jpg

Attachments

• schaerer.jpg
    schaerer.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 907
They have changed the format of the leasing pdf, and now it doesn't show the names of the places opening in their respective locations on the map. Unfortunate!
It showed Blaze Pizza, Chipotle, and Sweet Jesus opening up facing the street on the Yonge side.

There are two different docs. One is the leasing document, the other is the site plan.

Site plan: http://riocan.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/riocan_sheppard_centre.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Leasing document: http://riocan.com/docs/default-sour...y/yongesheppardcentre_torontoon.pdf?sfvrsn=30

Something interesting I noticed is that they've split up the Sheppard frontage retail, but only one of the three units seems to be getting an actual entrance on Sheppard. I have no idea what they're going for there.

Wow, Blaze Pizza? Noice! Hope this leasing document is based in reality and not some mock-up of wishful thinking.

I don't think they can put actual companies' names on there if they don't have some sort of agreement. Of course, they can always pull out like Chipotle did across the street, but it doesn't seem likely given the fast pace of construction so far. They've been rushing the work on the Yonge and Sheppard frontage because it costs them a lot of money to close the street.

Does the different steel colours reflect different ages? As in, the older rusty brown is from the existing structure, while the lighter steel is the addition?

Took some pictures of the new parts of the lower level today:

87BLLdp.jpg

zcwuzTh.jpg

gSJZ9jY.jpg

bL8NRUT.jpg

I'm surprised by how much it actually does look like the artist's impressions. It's a lot cleaner and brighter than the old mall.

By the way, as you might notice in the third pic, Potbelly is open now. 8 am - 7 pm on weekdays, 11:30 - 6 pm on Saturdays, closed on Sundays for some reason (so are the downtown locations).

Work continues on the "moat" on the Sheppard side. Concrete cutting opens up more of the parking garage and mall roof. The old stores have been stripped down and are ready to be rebuilt. Steel decking is being installed on the Longo's-L.A Fitness site. Finally, a new escalator set replaces the single "up" escalator. Thanks to the Forest Laneway building for access to the "high" shots.
DSCN0266.JPG
DSCN0257.JPG
DSCN0249.JPG
DSCN0253.JPG
DSCN0261.JPG
DSCN0265.JPG
DSCN0263.JPG
DSCN0264.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0266.JPG
    DSCN0266.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,023
  • DSCN0257.JPG
    DSCN0257.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 993
  • DSCN0249.JPG
    DSCN0249.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 965
  • DSCN0253.JPG
    DSCN0253.JPG
    808.1 KB · Views: 994
  • DSCN0261.JPG
    DSCN0261.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,002
  • DSCN0265.JPG
    DSCN0265.JPG
    990.7 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSCN0263.JPG
    DSCN0263.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 906
  • DSCN0264.JPG
    DSCN0264.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 956
I took a similar picture to your sixth one yesterday in the afternoon, from the food court. You can see all the way to the other end now. Seems like the biggest improvement from all of this (other than Chipotle) will be the brighter and more open mall space.

upload_2017-6-12_11-25-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-12_11-25-5.png
    upload_2017-6-12_11-25-5.png
    2 MB · Views: 758
Work continues on the "moat" on the Sheppard side. Concrete cutting opens up more of the parking garage and mall roof. The old stores have been stripped down and are ready to be rebuilt. Steel decking is being installed on the Longo's-L.A Fitness site. Finally, a new escalator set replaces the single "up" escalator. Thanks to the Forest Laneway building for access to the "high" shots. View attachment 111490 View attachment 111491 View attachment 111492 View attachment 111493 View attachment 111494 View attachment 111495 View attachment 111496 View attachment 111497

Do you know what the concrete cut outs are for? I live at Forest Laneway and have spent so much time guessing lol..

Do you know what the concrete cut outs are for?

The site plan shows some storage (for the retail stores) along the Yonge Street lower level. Some of it wraps around the corner of Yonge and Sheppard, but there will also be some retail entrances farther east on Sheppard, where the street level is lower.

Back