Toronto Yonge Eglinton Centre | ?m | 37s | RioCan | P + S / IBI

It's always going to be a very small mall, but traffic flow inside it is much better and it looks a little better.

j.

I wonder if the office expansion is still on the table, From what I have heard leasing activity at Yonge - Eglinton has gone up significantly recently and a lot of the older stock is slated for demolition... space is going to be getting tight at this node soon.

Seems like such a waste of $$$, mind you I love it, but more and more stores keep closing with know signs of others replacing them. Generally a developer does renos to increase or sustain rents, there is no competition in this area so increase can really be the only idea, yet I can't see how that's happening with the new vacanies in the mall.

Seems like such a waste of $$$, mind you I love it, but more and more stores keep closing with know signs of others replacing them. Generally a developer does renos to increase or sustain rents, there is no competition in this area so increase can really be the only idea, yet I can't see how that's happening with the new vacanies in the mall.

Let's see what happens after the Crosstown opens.

Let's see what happens after the Crosstown opens.

I dunno, I think folks are much more likely go to Yorkdale or the Eaton center, its still a small mall at that. And the CUBE only contains a winners / joe fresh.

What's a mall? Do they sell those on Amazon?

I saw the cladding on the cube this morning. Wasn't enough for me to form an opinion and I didn't manage to snap any shots unfortunately. I will be sure to get some photos if I pass by again this weekend.

I dunno, I think folks are much more likely go to Yorkdale or the Eaton center, its still a small mall at that. And the CUBE only contains a winners / joe fresh.

Not all malls are made the same. Not many people go to Y+E mall for clothes or items shopping, people in the vicinity have access by transit to Eatons or can drive to Yorkdale or Fairview to do that.

Y+E mall has always (to me atleast) been about going to the movies or spending a few hours at Indigo, meeting up and having coffee at starbucks, or grocery shopping at Metro.

Ideally with Aroma Cafe coming to the area it would become a fantastic meeting spot. This IMO is also a perfect location for a Panera. (Granted I am biased, their bagels are heavenly)

More office space needs to come to the Y-E area too to make the food court profitable all-day instead of only being open for a few hours in the afternoon.

Not all malls are made the same. Not many people go to Y+E mall for clothes or items shopping, people in the vicinity have access by transit to Eatons or can drive to Yorkdale or Fairview to do that.

Y+E mall has always (to me atleast) been about going to the movies or spending a few hours at Indigo, meeting up and having coffee at starbucks, or grocery shopping at Metro.

Ideally with Aroma Cafe coming to the area it would become a fantastic meeting spot. This IMO is also a perfect location for a Panera. (Granted I am biased, their bagels are heavenly)

More office space needs to come to the Y-E area too to make the food court profitable all-day instead of only being open for a few hours in the afternoon.

The food court is already filled with people who work in the area during lunch.

It's a convenient mall. It has the advantage of being connected with the subway station, but also apartment buildings and office buildings. Aroma cafe is already there..

The food court is already filled with people who work in the area during lunch.

It's a convenient mall. It has the advantage of being connected with the subway station, but also apartment buildings and office buildings. Aroma cafe is already there..

Aroma is already there? Shows what I know. :p

I thought they were coming with the expansion. Either way the expansion will mean Aroma will have a very nice large porch area to sit and enjoy.

Aroma is already there? Shows what I know. :p

I thought they were coming with the expansion. Either way the expansion will mean Aroma will have a very nice large porch area to sit and enjoy.

To be fair, it's pretty hidden right now by the construction and all that. It used to have a patio on the square (the only one). Goodlife gym also used to have windows and is now also pretty tucked away in there. In fact, before the expansion all the entrances to this mall were basically hidden.

The main thing I'm excited about with the expansion is the view from the public square on the roof :)

Glass on the cube:

IMG_20150112_082450.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150112_082450.jpg
    IMG_20150112_082450.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 628

Back