Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Spanderel Stoneridge.

I guess it's easy to throw up garbage like this when you genuinely do not care...

IMG_7047[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7047[1].JPG
    IMG_7047[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 479
It's sold out . If they can sell ugly condos without costly architecture, and the city continues to allow it, guess what. Build and they will come,
regardless of what it looks like. The location is likely why the bulk of them were sold in the first place.
There is no incentive to go the extra mile.

I've noticed with my own friends, those who buy condos intending to live in them, care very much what the building looks like on the outside. The ones who buy condos strictly for investments, usually don't give a damn what the condo looks like on the outside. I figure this developer and this condo probably have a very high percentage of investment buyers. These people figure they can make money off this thing but they don't have to look at it when they're relaxing in their suburban mansions. (or back home in China)

I think the city needs to put a lot more restrictions on development, design, quality of materials, colour of materials and massing! Beautiful cities don't just happen by chance, they are created by regulation, not profit motive!

Last edited:
I don't know about that. The outside matters I guess, but the inside matters most...along with price. Building I currently live in is OK looking from the outside but the inside is what sold me on it. Some of the nicer buildings in the city have terrible interiors. They're cramped and unliveable. This is an ugly building from the outside, but if the price was right and the interior was nice, I'd have no problems living there.

I don't know about that. The outside matters I guess, but the inside matters most...along with price. Building I currently live in is OK looking from the outside but the inside is what sold me on it. Some of the nicer buildings in the city have terrible interiors. They're cramped and unliveable. This is an ugly building from the outside, but if the price was right and the interior was nice, I'd have no problems living there.
A sad statement that explains a lot about why our city is so architecturally challenged.

A sad statement that explains a lot about why our city is so architecturally challenged.

When I'm at home the look of the exterior has 0 impact. Would I choose a nice looking building over an ugly one? Sure, but the price and interior matter most. X2 beautiful on the outside yet I hate the layouts of most suites and would likely never buy there. Just my 2 cents.

When I'm at home the look of the exterior has 0 impact. Would I choose a nice looking building over an ugly one? Sure, but the price and interior matter most. X2 beautiful on the outside yet I hate the layouts of most suites and would likely never buy there. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed completely. I'd even argue that the exterior look of the buildings in the area matter more because I'd see from my windows/balcony.

Didn't realize th yd already been painting the undersides of the balconies, nice. Helps already get an idea of how this will end up.

This is repulsive, but is anyone surprised? The city needs to come up with a way to force developers to use curtainwall ASAP. There has to be a way to work around the limitations/issues with a broad window wall ban. It's embarrassing to compare the cladding used in Toronto residential highrises to their Montreal counterparts, where Canderel is from.

Back