Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I look very forward to this one. Everything but RBC is cleared out now. I'm sure they are not too put out, they are opening a new, most likely nicer location just up the street at FIVE. They may have been happy to get out of the lease.

I look very forward to this one. Everything but RBC is cleared out now. I'm sure they are not too put out, they are opening a new, most likely nicer location just up the street at FIVE. They may have been happy to get out of the lease.
Not so sure about that... Corner unit, to smaller, in-line unit, less signage, less profile, plus the expense of relocation.

However, RBC is opening more branches in the area - a few years ago this location was the only one on Yonge south of Bloor. Now there's Aura, Bay & Dundas, plus another one opening at Yonge & St Joseph next year.

My bad, I did notice that clothing place was open still after I posted this, I guess they just always appear closed in my mind. Hoops and the Philly place did just recently clear everything out though. Starbucks and the Jamaican place I doubt would close as they are in a different building that I don't believe is involved in the YC project

Ground breaking today

dduqJ5b.png

I wonder how many people attended the ceremonial sticking of the ritual shovel into the symbolic pile of sand :p regardless, I'm excited to see how this turns out.

I'm more than worried how this one will turn out. This has the making to be the crappiest 50 storey tower in the city and there is some fierce competition for that title. The newly completed condo at King & Shaw is the benchmark for how bad this could be.

I wonder how many people attended the ceremonial sticking of the ritual shovel into the symbolic pile of sand :p regardless, I'm excited to see how this turns out.

About 50 or so? Front page story here.

I'm more than worried how this one will turn out. This has the making to be the crappiest 50 storey tower in the city and there is some fierce competition for that title. The newly completed condo at King & Shaw is the benchmark for how bad this could be.

Well, consider how well RoCPs turned out...

AoD

Back