Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I am amazed at how quickly this building took shape! One of the fastest I have seen! A welcomed addition to the neighbourhood.

I am amazed at how quickly this building took shape! One of the fastest I have seen! A welcomed addition to the neighbourhood.

Yup!... This one shot up in a snap! This building was probably the fastest out of the projects we've seen in recent years... Some of it was probably due to the basic design of the building but one things for sure: it was fast!

I hope X2 get's built this fast!

I must admit, I am disappointed to see the mechanical penthouse being clad in anything. I was holding out hope that they would surprise us after all and continue the outside wall facades above this level, to more closely approximate a Mies design.

I am dismayed to say this shall not be.

:(

I must admit, I am disappointed to see the mechanical penthouse being clad in anything. I was holding out hope that they would surprise us after all and continue the outside wall facades above this level, to more closely approximate a Mies design.

I am dismayed to say this shall not be.

:(

Seconded, I would have much preferred if the mech box was not visible at all.

Yup!... This one shot up in a snap! This building was probably the fastest out of the projects we've seen in recent years... Some of it was probably due to the basic design of the building but one things for sure: it was fast!

I hope X2 get's built this fast!

It's funny because when I was in the sales office back in March, the sales agent was saying it would be ready in about a year. I laughed at her since X was only built up to the 1st floor at that point. Now it's topping out and occupancy is scheduled for July. Crazy how quickly this went up....also crazy how they couldn't give these units away just a year ago.

Unless you're high in the air or more than 5 blocks away, you'll never be able to see this mechanical section.

But that's the point... 95 percent of the time, 95 percent of the population IS more than 5 blocks away. That's how we will mostly view this building.

:confused::confused::confused:

I too agree X Condo would look much better if the mechanical penthouse was integrated within an floorplate equalvalent to typical floors below (like TD Centre) ... assuming cost had something to do with this of course, in absence of building a 'full floor' for mechanical, it would be nice if GG at least extended the parapets / facade panels high enough such that the mechanical box is not visble

Back