Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

April 11 Update

From Jarvis Street. 5th floor being poured

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Those are some massive concrete columns and walls.

Nice to see the tall ceiling heights on the lower two levels.

The supports at the base already look to fat to emulate the sleekness of the TD Centre. Though, I'm sure thast this will be among the better looking condos during this boom regardless.

The sales agent told me this building would be ready in 1 year. I have a hard time believing that. I'd say 2 years.

The sales agent told me this building would be ready in 1 year. I have a hard time believing that. I'd say 2 years.

A floor a week, it's possible but unlikely. Probably about 12-14 months before it tops out but it depends on the weather & precipitation. Casa was at the third above ground parking level this time last year but we had a very wet summer last year.

I'd say it'll take 10-12 months for it to top out, after which the curtain wall should be half way up, I think first move in would be around 16-18 months from now

3438876773_08aa7cb97e_b.jpg

3438880525_1a7350417b_b.jpg

Rockin' photos Mike.
I noticed today that there is an application for a height increase posted out front of the site. Nothing dramatic, it's only a few metres for the mechanical penthouse or something. Thought it might be worth mentioning.

^what height was the minor variance for? On that note, what is the current height supposed to be for this one? I always assumed it was in the same range as say casa for example.

^what height was the minor variance for? On that note, what is the current height supposed to be for this one? I always assumed it was in the same range as say casa for example.

1 meter on the total height, a couple of hairs shorter than Casa at 138.1 meters.

From the COMMITTEE OF ADJUSTMENT

15. 590 JARVIS ST
File Number: A0255/09TEY Zoning CR T4.0 C1.0 R4.0 (PPR)
Owner(s): GREAT GULF (JARVISCHARLE
[
Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
(27)
Agent: GREAT GULF (JARVISCHARLE
Property Address: 590 JARVIS ST Community:
Legal Description: << STRUCTURE ADDRESS FOR 110 CHARLES ST E
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To increase the height of the proposed 44-storey residential building.
REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
Section 1.(d), By-law 1018-2005
The maximum permitted height of the building is 129.0 m to the top of the main roof including the
parapet wall, and a maximum height of 137.0 m to the top of the mechanical penthouse.
In this case, the proposed height of the building is 130.93 m to the top of the main roof, and 137.99 m to
the top of the mechanical penthouse.

Last edited:
1 meter on the total height, a couple of hairs shorter than Casa at 138.1 meters.

From the COMMITTEE OF ADJUSTMENT

15. 590 JARVIS ST
File Number: A0255/09TEY Zoning CR T4.0 C1.0 R4.0 (PPR)
Owner(s): GREAT GULF (JARVISCHARLE
[
Ward: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
(27)
Agent: GREAT GULF (JARVISCHARLE
Property Address: 590 JARVIS ST Community:
Legal Description: << STRUCTURE ADDRESS FOR 110 CHARLES ST E
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To increase the height of the proposed 44-storey residential building.
REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
Section 1.(d), By-law 1018-2005
The maximum permitted height of the building is 129.0 m to the top of the main roof including the
parapet wall, and a maximum height of 137.0 m to the top of the mechanical penthouse.
In this case, the proposed height of the building is 130.93 m to the top of the main roof, and 137.99 m to
the top of the mechanical penthouse.

Good find.
Yes, the 400' list shows Casa at 453 feet & X at 451 feet including the height variance for X.

Back