Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

is it just me or has this gotten really tall really fast. maybe because it was at ground level for a long time but now to me it looks like it just went from floor 3 to 9 in like 3 weeks. nice shots;)

I agree - Great Gulf have really stepped it up. Remember when the crane was replaced less than a month ago? It was on the second or third level. Amazing progress...

Photo c/o dt_toronto_geek.

Minor Variance in height

Not a big deal but thought I'd post it

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Quick question: In the pics above of the whole site, what is going on around that house that is sort of stuck in the middle of the mud all around it? Is that part of the X property or is that muddy area just being used as a ROW to get to the construction site off of Charles.

In regard to construction speed, it is quick, but this is also a very simple design from the ground up, no setbacks, no podium really, and only one extra tall floor at ground level.

Quick question: In the pics above of the whole site, what is going on around that house that is sort of stuck in the middle of the mud all around it? Is that part of the X property or is that muddy area just being used as a ROW to get to the construction site off of Charles.

I believe Great Gulf owns the property surrounding that house, which is the Gerstein Centre. I was reading through a planning document yesterday trying to figure out if the area to the west of the Gerstein Centre is going to be connected to Hayden Street or if it's a driveway leading to X's parking, couldn't find an answer. I was also curious as to where the town homes will be located, couldn't find that either. My friend lives at Bloor Walk (where I took those photos) & he was asking where this & that would be which lead me to try and find out.

Here's the site plan

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The town homes are already there, that's what the low-rise structure immediately to the east of the Gerstein Centre is

It looks like they have started to build the construction elevator on the east side facing Jarvis.

The town homes are already there, that's what the low-rise structure immediately to the east of the Gerstein Centre is

Thanks!

Good progress is happening here. The support columns and forms are now being setup and poured on the 9th floor, just a little ahead of where they were on the 8th floor 6 days ago. So at this point, they're completing a floor per week.

This might sound like a dumb question, -but Im going to ask anyway. From looking at the pictures, it's obvious that the crane is going through the floor of the same unit on every floor (I believe this is the Breuer suite?).
From reading around it seems like builders start finishing off units (the inside) when the building is approaching its top-off height. Im assuming then that work in those units that the crane goes through (walls, plumbing, floors, etc...) wont be able to start until the crane is removed (and the building is topped off), meaning buyers of that unit will be last to move in?

Not quite. The crane doesn't run all the way down to the ground, it just hangs off the top 8-10 storeys, so that hole will get filled in well before they start interior work. Shouldn't really have an impact on move-in dates.

Further, where the elevator runs up the side of the building can often be the last suites to be completed.

The forms are being moved up to start the 10th floor, and the construction elevator car has arrived.

This building is going up with ridiculous speed. CASA has been going up at a solid pace and had a 1 year head start on X if memory serves me. Yet I can see the first tenants occupying X only 3 months later than CASA & BSN at the current rate.

This building is going up with ridiculous speed. CASA has been going up at a solid pace and had a 1 year head start on X if memory serves me. Yet I can see the first tenants occupying X only 3 months later than CASA & BSN at the current rate.

My bad, I probably should have looked back at the history here before I spoke. X broke ground only 6 months after CASA.

Back