Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

I would not want to live in the homes along Charles Street East with all this highrise infill being constructed

...unless I was planning on selling to a developer when the market rebounds.

I don't think there are any homes on Charles E. between Jarvis & Church, just a rooming house. The two homes in the background are coming down eventually for Great Gulf Homes tower 2 and then there's the Gerstein Centre which looks like a house.

March 28 2009 update

oops, dt_toronto_geek beat me to it ~

North Elevation
IMG_3609.jpg
IMG_3610.jpg

North East Corner
IMG_3611.jpg

from my visit to the sales office, Great Gulf is now offering a free locker and $20,000 off the purchase price ... the sales person anticipates the builder to introduce 'additional incentives' later this week on the remaining units to finish up the project

as for phase 2, the sales person said that while there is no confirmed timing yet, but they fully expect it to be launched sometime in Fall 2009

Scaled Model

South East Elevation
IMG_3614.jpg

North West Elevation
IMG_3613.jpg

Garden @ North West Corner of Site - so this is what will be behind the houses west of X
IMG_3617.jpg

I dont suppose anyone here has pics of the model suite? (back in the old sales office... the new one doesnt have a model suite).

Wow, that north-west corner looks pretty terrible without a column extending to the ground. Much more Ernst & Young than TD Center, it seems...

Wow, that north-west corner looks pretty terrible without a column extending to the ground. Much more Ernst & Young than TD Center, it seems...

comparing that scaled model to what is being built on site ... I think that missing 'fourth' column is either:

• an accidentally missed detail; or
  • scaled model was broken/damaged

The render seems to indicate that the south west corner will have a column. It would be an odd choice to arbitrarily exclude one.

columns

I could confirm that the model is actually infact just broken, i have an earlier picture of the scale model with the columns intact. Also, the site plans have the column on there as well

Back