Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

Yeah, and it also looks as if the two middle columns are slightly crooked. The model must've been tampered with or moved without care.

I didn't realize there's not much of a podium here. The curtain wall extends all the way down to the third level. So technically, it seems they're working on the tower portion already. Am I seeing this right?

that is indeed one bland and undistinguished looking building. i'm surprised 44 floor of people would buy into it.

This building is going to be one of the more sophisticated condo towers in the city. If you want bland and banal, try most of City Place or Mississauga.

This building is going to be one of the more sophisticated condo towers in the city. If you want bland and banal, try most of City Place or Mississauga.

Ya because Absolute World is soooo bland!
Same goes for 1 City Centre and it's twin.
Citygate towers. Solaris. Ultra Ovation.
None of these are what I'd call bland or banal.

while I fully respect some UT members' opinion that the design of X condo seem appealing and 'sophisticated' ... but I would have to agree with AG's comment that X is really a look-a-like of TD Centre which I am not particularly fond of

I personally prefer more geometry in building design, on that basis ... I do find interest in Citygate and 1 City Centre in Mississauga, BCE and Success1 and Cityplace (exterior only) in downtown TO, as well as Spectrum and Skymark Centre in NYCC (which explains also why I chose Solaris as my future home ~)

It's not just bland. It's austere. The model gives me the willies.

If Toronto is ever selected as the location to shoot a remake of the movie 'The Shining' I bet this condo makes the shortlist for locations. Instead of tuxedo'd ghosts this remake would feature ghosts of modernist architects, all wearing black head to toe.

What a joyless hulk of gloom.

It's not just bland. It's austere. The model gives me the willies.

If Toronto is ever selected as the location to shoot a remake of the movie 'The Shining' I bet this condo makes the shortlist for locations. Instead of tuxedo'd ghosts this remake would feature ghosts of modernist architects, all wearing black head to toe.

What a joyless hulk of gloom.

whatever floats your boat I guess. I like it.
You cant have a city full of concrete, brick, or glass towers. X brings a unique a different building to the area.

I guess I'm in the minority...I think the building looks great especially with the little hints of color(the model doesn't seem to show that though)...there aren't many buildings like it...

I agree with Jaybee and ProjectEnd. This is one classy, sleek building -- the architectural equivalent of an attractive woman in a 'little black dress'.

This is on my list of favorates too, but let's wait to see some materials before we get too emotional over this building.

This is on my list of favorates too, but let's wait to see some materials before we get too emotional over this building.

Was about to post the same thing. How can you judge a building before ever seeing it? Renders are completely useless in determining the final look of a high-rise. I personally doubt X will look anything like the TD Centre.

Ya because Absolute World is soooo bland!
Same goes for 1 City Centre and it's twin.
Citygate towers. Solaris. Ultra Ovation.
None of these are what I'd call bland or banal.

I did say most of Mississauga. Absolute World is an exception rather than the rule. If you think most of Mississauga is similar to those towers you listed, our perceptions of the place are very different. My ideas about what constitute bland and banal obviously don't mirror yours. I stand by my views regarding the majority of towers in Mississauga.

Last edited:
I did say most of Mississauga. Absolute World is an exception rather than the rule. If you think most of Mississauga is similar to those towers you listed, our perceptions of the place are very different. My ideas about what constitute bland and banal obviously don't mirror yours. I stand by my views regarding the majority of towers in Mississauga.
The majority of towers in Toronto are also banal and bland... so I'm not sure what your point is.

Back