Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

7 August 2010:

Very nice:

dsc01814hq.jpg

Got a nice tour of the site and chatted with the agent on duty--X2 may not have the funky mondrian stripes.:(

dsc01818.jpg

I think that for anyone working at the TD Centre this place might look eerily similar to work. It could actually be quite disorienting, especially if one were arriving home extremely drunk.

mondrian stripes on x2

Got a nice tour of the site and chatted with the agent on duty--X2 may not have the funky mondrian stripes.:(

Why do you say that, it says right on the X2 website: "Twin peaks, black with master strokes of primary colour reminiscent of a Mondrian painting"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of replicating the pattern in X, I wish they can go further and maybe have vertical colour treatements; or even ones that forms "squares"?

AoD

The walkway is now open between Charles E and Hayden. Incidentally, cedar trees have been planted along the north and west sides of the putting green. It looks less like a prison yard bordered by a tall fence with thick black bars.

Last edited:
People have moved into the lower floors. You can see, for example, patio furniture on the middle balcony on the 7th floor facing west. Landscaping is wrapping up on the east side along Jarvis, with the installation of lights for the "public art" and patio brick and the rebuilding of the sidewalk. 2 weeks seems right and matches an earlier press release from Great Gulf.

Instead of replicating the pattern in X, I wish they can go further and maybe have vertical colour treatements; or even ones that forms "squares"?

AoD

i think it would be interesting if they used a modern version of the "X Beams" used in the John Hancock building... it would be epic.

JohnHancockCenter-Aug08-002a.jpg

^I believe Steveve means "contemporary version" or "new version." Being a pedant to a fifteen-year-old is kind of silly, isn't it?

Steveve, I agree - I think it would be a nice touch. ProjectEnd is suggesting that you shouldn't use "modern" because the Hancock building is built in a late modernist style. Since "modern" in architecture and art refers to a particular style in a particular time period, if you want to talk about something being built now, you should use the word "contemporary" instead of "modern" to avoid confusion.

Back