Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

rode my bike along the new bike path on jarvis and passed x.. the base looks amazing at night... very very sleek..

p.s. they already installed the 1000x zoom ginger hair art.

All of the forms are somewhat kinked, or kinky, if you will, of Shayne Dark's Double Vision:

XArtCloseUP1024.jpg

XArtpano1024.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those excellent photos really illustrate the kinks in the strands, I didn't notice them all even though I stood and observed them for a few minutes! They also seem to lean toward the building, I presume that's intentional?

I might as well add this in here too:

The colour combination reminded me of the monumental Alexander Calder piece Flamingo standing outside Mies van der Rohe's Federal Plaza building in Chicago's Loop:

FederalPlazaFlamingo.jpg

While the colour is virtually the same, Dark's piece is its own, and doubtless to become one of the best known and enjoyed pieces of public art in front of any condo in town.

Meanwhile out back of X, it has its putting green now too. This building is all about contrasting colour with black.

XGreenpano750.jpg

While the colour is virtually the same, Dark's piece is its own, and doubtless to become one of the best known and enjoyed pieces of public art in front of any condo in town.

Totally! However, I saw some really cool public art being constructed in front of a condo down by Fork York on Wednesday. These big metal ball looking things. I'm not sure which development it's for, or what they are supposed to be.

All of the forms are somewhat kinked, or kinky, if you will, of Shayne Dark's Double Vision:

I wonder how the owners of the 3rd + 4th floor southeast corner suite feels about these "art feature" partially obstructing their windows :confused:

great pics ... thanks I-42

Good point. But I could put with a partially obstructed view if it was an iconic piece of art like this appears to be.

You guys are so fast. Somebody beat me to it but here is a video of the art installation at X.

[video=youtube;tSihNXKk3SA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSihNXKk3SA[/video]

Great art piece that really elevates an otherwise mundane streetscape though I find its placement somewhat dissatisfying. It doesn't have enough room to breathe in its little corner between building, sidewalk, streetlight, and traffic light. Still, a lovely urban and urbane gesture.

Last edited:
A few more pictures of X's art component. I also noted that the lobby windows have been cleaned and that shears have been hung in a couple of windows in the lobby.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

X's sexy entrance

All those red pipes are up now. Walked by the other day. There's about 20 of them or so. Something a bit different!

Back