Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Disconnected? It's at the foot of Yonge Street, and Captain John's, next door, isn't exactly hurting for businesses.

I don't know how Loblaws does well, being disconnected by the Gardiner and in the middle of the East Harbourfront. Also rember Corus is going in right on the other side of Redpath.

There is no excuse for a suburban land-use plan in such a key location.

^
Exactly. And what about the thousands of new residence within walking distance of this site?

Is Captain John's staying in that location?
My understanding of things was that it would be re-located once work on that section of waterfront got underway. I dont know where I got that idea, but it is in my head for some reason.

Is Captain John's staying in that location?
My understanding of things was that it would be re-located once work on that section of waterfront got underway. I dont know where I got that idea, but it is in my head for some reason.

I hope so!!!

Quite a bit of digging going on there this morning. Any ideas?

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

Maybe this is the new site for the sales centre - slightly to the north of the earlier, and apparently abandoned, one?

The Athenians did something similar after the Persions attacked in 480 BC and destroyed the Parthenon then under construction: in 447 BC they began building a second Parthenon, the one we know today, to one side of the original location.

Wow... now that the (probable) Pier 27 sales centre has been compared to the Parthenon, it had better be pleasing to the eye. :)

Bill

Maybe its the long and ongoing search for the Union Station revitalization piano.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I would like to confirm that they're digging to build a Sales Office.

As some of you posted, they were not expecting to sell the first building as quickly as they did, but I still think they should initially have located their sales office where they're digging now. Thanks, Irishmonk!

seems like a lot of empty space making it seem awkward the way they front onto Queen's Quay... hopefully there will be some public art or landscaping or fountain or anything to help the transition.

Wow, those will be REALLY close to the sugar refinery.

Anyone hear anything else about the "secret negotiations" that were going on with Tate & Lyle(?)? You would think that what they would get for the land would easily justify moving the entire operation.

Looks like there is enough space fronting Queens Quay for another building...could that be further down the line?

Back