Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Were the panels suppose to be white? The old (Sugarpath) vs. the new (Pier27).

PIER27-14-05-2012-1.jpg

PIER27-14-05-2012-2.jpg

Were the panels suppose to be white? The old (Sugarpath) vs. the new (Pier27).

Well, that's what the renderings had - but at best the renderings are an optimistic hope for what the building should be. The design development process brings a dose of reality to that optimism, in the form of "value engineering"... I imagine it was probably expensive to treat/mix the precast so that it is a pristine white, but I don't know for certain because I wasn't involved in the project at that point. It's also possible that this is just the base layer, and it's going to get treated/coated/covered later on.

I only come on this thread occasionally in the past year or so but I have to say, I'm really not happy with all these buildings going up on the south side of Queen's Quay.

As of right now they just look like 4 slabs akin to these ugly bastards.. We'll just have to wait for the top parts that go across and the cladding for it to look good. That and the landscaping will make or break this project.

Right on!
Everytime I walk past these hideous things, I am angry and frustrated by their existence at the very best location in our city! Only if there is a way to make them disappear!
On their east, These don't look any better either. Our waterfront is so ruined by these 1970s ugly monsters. sigh....

I only come on this thread occasionally in the past year or so but I have to say, I'm really not happy with all these buildings going up on the south side of Queen's Quay.

Agree.
Queen Quay itself, especially the south side, shouldn't be dominated by highrises, not to say pure residential highrise condos. Do we really want our southern most street just by the lake, which everyone Toronto skyline photos show, to be an avenue of glass towers? It is especially bad when QQ itself is not that wide.

I feel so bad about our city. QQ and its south should be nothing but green space, trees, parks, benches, sculptures, ice-rinks, the sort of thing everyone can enjoy. Stop the obsession of LIVING on Queen's Quay already!

Back