Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

The third phase includes a 35ish floor tower and 2 other smaller buildings faing queens quay. I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding off the launch until the queens quay east streetcar gets started.

edit: wow autocorrect can have devastating consequences on the coherence of a sentence.

Last edited:
The third phase includes a 35ish floor tower and 2 other smaller buildings faing queens quay. I wouldn't be surprise if they are losing off the launch until the queens quay east streetcar gets started.
Much as I think a streetcar is needed on QQE I fear that if the developers wait for it it will be a LOOOONG wait. WT is supposedly about to release their report on QQE transit so I suppose we may know more soon.

I was informed about this post in another thread. A little like a loutish husband putting on the earplugs to ward off the wife's nagging, I suppose.

And given his comment elsewhere about finding women more interested in shopping and furniture than urban discussion, such an attitude wouldn't be beneath him, I'd also suppose.

LOL. I just did the same to balenciaga a while ago and now surfing UT will become so much more pleasant

Love Waterlink at Pier 27. Thanks for photo updates!

Last edited:
The upper floor owners facing east will have to contend with a lot of steam cloud discharge from Redpath on cooler days like today:

Taken Dec. 11, 2012:

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

First picture I could get of the westbound vapors from Redpath, 23/01/13. I’m sure it happens but not that often. I’ve never smelled it though so it could be ripe there on days like today.

IMG_2389.jpg

The third phase includes a 35ish floor tower and 2 other smaller buildings faing queens quay. I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding off the launch until the queens quay east streetcar gets started.

edit: wow autocorrect can have devastating consequences on the coherence of a sentence.

It will be 15 years or more before you see streetcars in this area at the rate things are going at this time.

The price tag just jump another $100m and is at $470m to do this extension. Got to thank Toronto Water for that increase since they change their policy from 1m to 3m from their lines. Transit or developers now must pickup the full cost of moving or replacing lines during construction regardless if the lines are at the end of their life cycle or need replacing if the lines are within the 3m range.

Temporary Martin Goodmen Tail has been built on either side of this development.

A permanent section for the first phase of Eastbay on the south side without the ROW for streetcars will get underway this year with temporarily sections on either side of it similar to the section at Yonge St.

More ironwork from today and I must say, these guys are good at it.

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

The snow didn’t seem to bother them much.

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

Mobile Crane

Black and white version of another close-up picture taken by SkyJacked on Friday:

8442337307_95d8d56b5a_h.jpg

Black and white version of another close-up picture taken by SkyJacked on Friday

Nicely done Udo, I like it.

The Ironworkers are all but finished over there, just a few lifts left I think. These pictures from today are the last installment of the Iron show.

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4370_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

Thx from me as well

It is partially frozen. The fire boat went through the ferry route a few times today (yesterday) to break up the ice. You can see open water on both sides of that clump of ice in front of Corus Quay.

I know this has been said by other posters, SJ, but your unique vantage point, construction experience, interest and photog skills make for a fabulous combo. Thank you for the many updates.

Don't finish that thing too quickly, eh?

Last edited:

Back