Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

how long until we get cladding? I wish it was coming soon, this is starting to look a little too similar to its neighbours..

The upper floor owners facing east will have to contend with a lot of steam cloud discharge from Redpath on cooler days like today:

I not sure how future owners of these million dollar condos will like the sight and the smell of the Redpath.
on the plus side, there is a sugar museum they can visit every weekend.

I'm guessing Redpath will play out the same way as the Mr Christie factory, which in my opinion smells a lot nicer than burnt sugar, but no one wants them there

The problem with red path is that it would need to relocate to a waterfront location in the GTA, and it's not exactly like there are any other sites. I expect them to (unfortunetely) be here for many years to come.

how long until we get cladding? I wish it was coming soon, this is starting to look a little too similar to its neighbours..

Really? You see the pictures posted above and that half-assed response is all you can muster? These are some of the most dramatic cantilevers / forms we've ever seen in this city and you complain? Stunning.

Wow really great photos Skyjacked. I'm quite surprised by how far out the newer bridge extends to the east. Would be an incredible view looking out over the lake from one of those units, you'd feel like you're floating!

And I don't think Redpath is going anywhere any time soon...

From the Globe:
Next week, a brand-new $10-million emerald-green unloader will take bites of sugar from the ship and deposit it into a hopper...

Its old cranes lasted 50 years; the company figures the new one will last at least that long.

"We have several hundred million invested here, and are investing more every year. We're staying," says Jonathan Bamberger, who has been president for the past five years.

I not sure how future owners of these million dollar condos will like the sight and the smell of the Redpath.
on the plus side, there is a sugar museum they can visit every weekend.

Redpath was there when they were at the sales centre purchasing their units, so it's not like it'll be a big surprise to see a sugar factory directly to the east. If any of them bought with the idea that Redpath is moving any time soon, well then it's their own fault for not doing any research.

They will complain though. The abattoir has been near Liberty Village for over 100 years and people complain. Ditto with Mr Christie. And then there are those who complain about traffic near the ACC ... i guess they didn't visit the sales centre during a concert or game. and so on and so forth. And of course, some people who move there will be renters and won't have been at the sales centre.

Really? You see the pictures posted above and that half-assed response is all you can muster? These are some of the most dramatic cantilevers / forms we've ever seen in this city and you complain? Stunning.

Alright, I'm finally sticking you on my Ignore list. This is just getting ridiculous.

Great photos skyjacked. Many thanks.

I believe it was discussed earlier in the thread that details of the existance of Redpath was in the purchase agreements. People can complain, but there's nothing they can do about it.

That’s as good of a question as any and I don’t know the answer. I am not going to do the math but if you took those buildings and stacked them up they would easily approach the exterior area of an average 60 story high rise building. Take all of those pretty angles and returns and cantilevers and overhangs, combine that with four times around the bottom and deploying installation equipment to all of those rooftops and you have a big job on your hands. The best in the business would be challenged. How long from the day they start? Good question.

Last edited:
Wow really great photos Skyjacked. I'm quite surprised by how far out the newer bridge extends to the east. Would be an incredible view looking out over the lake from one of those units, you'd feel like you're floating!

And I don't think Redpath is going anywhere any time soon...

From the Globe:

Thanks greenleaf, Xray_Crystal_Junkie, they’re putting on an iron show over there.

I imaging I could force myself to live in the top lake side unit on the cantilever too. People were pleasure sailing in the harbour into November and there are planes and boats going by all the time. I think it would be an acceptable view on the city side too, especially when it’s dark.

IMG_0645.jpg

Boat loads of money.

Back