Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Yes I will miss Skyjack's photos. Personally, I am Very greatful for the unique views. Some of us may never get to experience for our selves.
Sorry for the off topic comment to our fellow member. But he deserves great thanks.

DSCF8941_zpsc808216d.jpg

DSCF8942_zps8f792cec.jpg

4ba38f6c-3afa-43f4-b4ce-0d958eeac90f_zpsa4c4ae09.jpg

50bb3f81-1534-49c4-a04b-83c962ee1a79_zps10c6e5a1.jpg

Spectacular set of pics. Can't wait to see these glazed.

I thought the blast wall turned out to be the most interesting feature - even more so than the bridges in their framework stage.
AoD

I wouldn't say it's more interesting than the bridge elements, but it is certainly up there.
It will make for a really nice light- and view-filled long corridor for the east building, and that is one incredibly long corridor. Something you almost never see in a condo. It will be definitely well appreciated for the residents in that building.

This is turning out great and Toronto Star acts as a great anchor to the area: it's solid and a nice break from all that glass. There will be a pleasing contrast between Waterlink and Toronto Star.

Yeah, I can see that. I feel kind of crazy for writing this, but in the sea of glass down here, the Toronto Star building is starting to look good.

Agreed as well. Prior to the current building boom, the Toronto Star was a standout amongst the other brutalist/concrete buildings down here (and not in a good way). The addition of the new glass buildings has softened the look of the building. This style, like it or not needs to be preserved as it was a very important part of Toronto's past building boom that really saw Toronto grow (international style was the other main architectural style). Brutalism is to Toronto what Art Deco was to New York and Chicago.

Back