News   Jul 12, 2024
 926     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Toronto walkway underglass

H20s

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good day, can anyone help with directions to a glass covered walkway I think is south of Queen and between Yonge and University. I saw a photo of it with old architecture stone faced buildings and it appeared about one block long and glass about 3 - 4 stories up. I also recall that it's only open during business hours. thanks

Thanks SeanTrans for the reply. I will check this location and see if it resembles the picture I saw in a Toronto booklet a few years ago.

The BCE Galleria is not the one I'm looking for. The online picture 85 ft high and 360 ft long with a stairway in the middle is not it.

I'm looking for a walkway with cobbles for a walk with wrought iron benches and I think it had trees in it. The photo I recall had old large stone facing.

Sounds more like Village By The Grange. The interior of the mall, down towards the south end I recall as having sky-lights and cobblestones. Not sure if that area is still open for walking, though, as mostly those have been turned into residential areas.

Village by the Grange is located at along McCaul street, between Queen and Dundas.

Couldn't find any internal pics on-line though.

Thank you for the replies.
The elevated walkway to the old Simpson (now HBC) is not it.

The one I'm looking for had a walkway / atrium of about 50+ ft across between buildings and an overhead steel support grid with glass panes. The picture that I saw, showed about 200+ ft length of the walk and the end of the walk floor to top was glass about 3 stories in height straight up like the end of a barn. The picture that I saw was maybe 3 years ago was in one of the Toronto tourist magazines. Maybe this is now gone after continued downtown changes.

thanks

That'll be gone in a few years too, once the Front Street Data Centre expands.

Anyway, what amuses me the most about this skywalk is the dead retail... They even have signs saying "exciting new retail coming soon" yea, since about 1994!

Seantrans I'm sure you're right and he means this.

BCE Place.

357941042_e5def06bfa_b.jpg

It must be BCE....there are a few trees in there, very little ones lol

Has anyone been inside the BCE galleria lately? That beautiful bank facade seen in the picture above now has signage stuck on it, in the form of individual letters. I forget for which firm... but It looks really bad on the building. Im surprised they're allowed to get away with sh*t like that.

Back