News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 960     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 362     0 

Toronto walkway underglass

The galleria is a good example of what can result when the City steps in and demands better. The original design for the interior space, while not exactly "bad", was improved tremendously as a result of what was essentially the sort of design review process that we have every right to expect to see more of from now on.

i was just there yesterday, and i noticed that as well. i think its RBC as i recall. but what they did was put the letters on 2 white strips and hung them, im guessing so they wouldnt damage the facade of the building with holes and such.

I noticed that a while back, though I can't recall who the new tenant is. The Chamber of Commerce had their name in individual gold letters. I have no idea how they were attached to the facade.

"Has anyone been inside the BCE galleria lately? That beautiful bank facade seen in the picture above now has signage stuck on it, in the form of individual letters. I forget for which firm... but It looks really bad on the building. Im surprised they're allowed to get away with sh*t like that."

It's ugly to be sure- I wonder what moron made that decision.

thanks to all for replies.
I checked photos online for the Brookfield properties but no other images resemble the picture I saw. I will be in the core next week and will check out BCE.

I think he means the Manulife buildings just off of University...There is the pedestrian bridges connecting the two buildings at various heights- also, there are the old benches and cobblestone pathways...

Could this be it?

p5

^^ Yes I meant Canada Life-whoops..I have seen one to many of those damned Manulife One ads lately.

p5

That'll be gone in a few years too, once the Front Street Data Centre expands.

Anyway, what amuses me the most about this skywalk is the dead retail... They even have signs saying "exciting new retail coming soon" yea, since about 1994!

Is it going?

That'll be gone in a few years too, once the Front Street Data Centre expands.

Anyway, what amuses me the most about this skywalk is the dead retail... They even have signs saying "exciting new retail coming soon" yea, since about 1994!

Is it going?

I'm pretty sure...

Part of the skywalk will have 151 Front cantilevering over it, so that part of the galleria will end up with an office-building for a ceiling. The walkway will still continue to exist through the project, and will still be a glassed galleria for at least the eastern portion.

Back